Author Topic: Zaycon suspending operations  (Read 2881 times)

Ravenwood1950

Re: Zaycon suspending operations
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
I was looking at the price of Wright's bacon at the store and for 3 pounds of bacon it can cost me as much as $22.00. Can't see stocking up on that price happening. So sad, so grateful I enjoyed their service for so many years.
Ravenwood

Starlady

Re: Zaycon suspending operations
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »
Ravenwood, try the Carolina xxxxx (I think it's Carolina Pride but not positive) end bits and pieces.  You can get 2-3 lbs for the price of a regular pound and I've found that the 'bits' are much meatier than regular sliced bacon.  I know WalMart carries it and I think Kroger does, too.  It's delicious.

I haven't bought sliced bacon in over 3 years, between using up my Zaycon stash and this stuff.  I mostly make omelettes, quiches, etc so having perfect slices doesn't matter much.  Usually about half the package is 4-6" slices anyway so I fry up the whole pack and then just freeze the slices for when I want them for something special.  Or you could can those slices without worrying about folding, etc.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal