Author Topic: My phone rang this morning.  (Read 1580 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
My phone rang this morning.
« on: July 12, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
My phone rang this morning.  That is usually trouble.  A guy down the road from me called about his solar system.  He had called a couple of times before and I told him I was too old to install, find someone else.  Well he did.  He got xxxxxx solar from Atlanta to put him in a grid tied system.  Well the Crisp County Power commission will not hook him up.  They keep coming up with additional requirements.  Looks like I will have to visit them as his consultant and see if they will comply with the law. 
While there he showed me a stack of solar panels he purchased extra.  I said " You know you can charge some batteries and have lights and well pump when the grid is down".  He said I know, but don't know how.  Will you show me?  So I now have another job which I don't mind.  When I drove in the driveway, this just wasn't just a house in the country.  First noticed was the pond.  Then the front and side pasture.  I later saw three cows.  The panels are on the shop roof and the well pump powers from the shop.  Stepping into the shop I started counting  6  freezers.  That was just the shop as I did not go in the house.  I had noticed the grape vines and garden spot on the way in.  To me this says "prepper".  Anyway I am going to help him power from solar the well pump, a string of lights and outlets for the freezers.  The system will be designed to be expanded because as you know Solar is addictive!

RWS

• Bugged Out
Re: My phone rang this morning.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:03 PM »
My work on this job so far is described with pictures under Power & Energy/system voltages going higher.

http://seprepnet.com/forum/index.php/topic,2564.0.html

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 12:40:12 PM »
My phone rang again this morning.  A lady called and wanted to ride by the mini farm and see the solar panels.  I told her they were not easily visible from the road.  I imagine I will have to get permission from the owner to take her bach in to see them.  She really is not a community member as she lives a ways off.  Her husband passed a year or so ago.  She now lives in a much too large house.  The house is on a paved hi-way near the interstate.  Exposed.  Her concern is for what might come in off the interstate.  She owns several farms, drives a tractor and manages farm hands.  Her husband was a business man in town.  She wants to move to a small cabin (to be built) way back off the road near a pond on one of her farms.  She is considering an off grid living life style.  I think we might be designing an off grid cabin soon.

Nemo

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
Dayum, you turning into a wanted man aren't ya?  With some reliable neighbors it seems.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
That is what stage 5 prepping involves.  I am trying to get as many community members to get solar powered wells.  Off grid cabins are even better.  In a small community there is no advertising needed.  My solar panels advertise themselves.  Those interested stop by and ask
I am encouraging those with ponds to stock & manage them in case.  Those with cattle we are preparing alternate pasturing facilities with some security. 
It is a slow daily trudge.......It's like infinity, you never get there but each little bit helps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal