Author Topic: $599 AR10 from PSA  (Read 1316 times)

Lilburner

$599 AR10 from PSA
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
This is a heck of a deal. If I had rifles, I'd have two of these, would have paid more from them, and would have been super happy with them for go-to/EDC rifles.

18" lightweight stainless.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px-10-18-mid-length-308-win-stainless-steel-16-5-m-lok-lightweight-moe-ctr-ept-rifle-5165448727.html?avad=9441_c1281d159&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

Re: $599 AR10 from PSA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 07:55:35 AM »
Out of stock already
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

joebob

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
If you read the Questions and Answers it states that a BCG from a standard AR10 will not work in this gun. The upper receiver and BCG are a different diameter than standard. I like to keep all my guns standard size to uncomplicate things in a bad situation.

ChristianJ

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
If you read the Questions and Answers it states that a BCG from a standard AR10 will not work in this gun. The upper receiver and BCG are a different diameter than standard. I like to keep all my guns standard size to uncomplicate things in a bad situation.

I'm guessing you probably have enough guns to where that does not matter.
Christian pastor & theologian

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »

Therein lies the rub. There's no such thing as a "standard" AR-10. Since it wasn't adopted by the military (originally), there is no "milspec", and there's a mishmash of proprietary "standards". Most fall roughly into "Armalite" and "DPMS/SR25". Not even the magazines are interchangeable. Then even within the standards, there are quirks and exceptions. Then there's just crazy stuff. I have had a DPMS *BRAND* rifle that's not even DPMS pattern, but takes SR25 magazines.

It's all confusing enough that I've elected to never build one myself. Of course most of the stuff you want to swap is generic. Stock, grip, trigger groups, etc. DPMS magazines, which the PSA rifles take, are far more widely available.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal