Author Topic: Anyone familiar with the H-45/M1941 Multi fuels stoves? Motor oil?  (Read 1269 times)

Lilburner

I know we have plenty of vets in here, so I'll throw this out there.

I got one of these back when they were clearancing them out at Sportsmans guide for under $100 shipped. Just bought it to buy it at this price. It had the wood conversion grate which was my main interest at the time.

But now I'm looking at shop heat. I have a wood stove I can put in there, but in my travels collecting WVO, people keep offering me waste motor oil.

Commercial shop heaters are like $3000. DIY ones made out of various old tanks and such require more welding than I'm comfortable with (read: ANY welding).

The stove runs on a variety of fuels - "JP-5 fuel, JP-8 fuel, Gasoline and Diesel Fuel". I've Googled about running it on WMO, and some people have said that it does, but don't say anything about conversions. No videos or anything like that. Is it possible you just feed it waste motor oil and it runs right out of the box?

Anyone familiar?

For those who don't know the stove, it's this sort of thing.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

Re: Anyone familiar with the H-45/M1941 Multi fuels stoves? Motor oil?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:25:04 PM »
I was in a yahoo group for those stoves, guys were buring all sorts of stuff in them with some mods
the cheap option is to get a burner and build the stove body from a 55g metal drum

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 09:15:33 PM »
looks like the group is gone, but I dug up this pic
http://www.biodieseldiscussion.com/infopopattmts/Alacka_drawingIM

part of a long thread if you want to go check it out

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8541078231/m/2291015422/p/1

nj_m715

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:30:50 PM »

Gunner

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:44:57 AM »
When we had them, we only burned diesel fuel in them.  Gasoline was too volatile, and we didn't have access to the other fuels.  I don't know how WMO would do in the regulator/carburetor. 
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal