Author Topic: Today's nextdoor.com find.  (Read 2175 times)

Lilburner

Today's nextdoor.com find.
« on: February 05, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »
Free!

One thing I've learned about small engines is that almost all non-working/unwanted small engines have succumbed to letting pump gas sit in them. The gas in this one looks like motor oil. Sure enough, it fired right up on starting fluid. So just drain the gas and clean the carb and boom - done.

It's not fancy or large. Not self-propelled and only 4HP, but that works out to $0/HP.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: Today's nextdoor.com find.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »
Just set up an appointment to pick up two free working garage door openers tomorrow.

But why? I'm building a barn with two ten foot tall lofts. I'm going to take a crack at this sort of thing.

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:55:15 PM »
Bonus! They were huge garage doors - easily 10 ft long.

You may notice a bit of the steel cabinet I picked on the way to pick up the garage door openers  ;D Life is good.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 07:03:53 AM »
That is an awesome find. Dis you get the remotes with them?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Lilburner

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
No. I got the wall controls but no remotes. I don't really need them for my project. Just wired switches top and bottom. Doorbell buttons make fine garage door opener buttons.
~ Daniel Webster

jimLE

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
good find on the mower and garage door openers.i started a nextdoor. neighborhood last year.only a handful has joined so far.but yet im sure it'll pick up eventually.
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »
You can always pick up universal garage door openers and program them, if they are compatible.  Of buy some from the same company and program them.  Life is good when you don't have to lift garage doors.  Great finds!  I love those neighborhood next-door sales.
Did buy a used coffee table for the family room.  The woman was an hour late meeting my husband and it was dark.  Long story short, while it is a good table, the top is not nearly as nice as the picture...oh well.... >:(
Good advice on cleaning the carburetor.  If young people would do this more, they could save a lot of money for other wants and needs.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal