Author Topic: Singer tredle sewing machine  (Read 868 times)

joebob

Singer tredle sewing machine
« on: February 24, 2019, 12:39:20 AM »
Singer sewing machine in Milledgeville Ga. said it has a new belt and works, they are asking $ 100.00 for it.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/362634510994557/

jimLE

Re: Singer tredle sewing machine
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:36:17 AM »
I know very little about the value of them.but I'm thinking that's a good price.might try talking them down to $70 or $75 thoe..especially seeing how it looks like it's in great shape
be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6..
expect and prepare for the worst.and hope for the best..

joebob

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »
I was just putting it out there, I don't need it myself.

John Galt 1

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:16:04 PM »
That one looks great.      My brother used to hem his pants on mine but I don't know how to thread it.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:32:23 AM »
JohnGalt, if you have a few minutes and a local sewing machine shop, stop in and ask them to show you.  The basics are the same on old, new, manual and electronic machines.  Once you see it done slowly,  you'll know how to do yours.   Don't forget to ask them about the bobbin, that's the biggest difference on the old machines.  Most places will be delighted to show you how to do it and you can pick up 1) oil, 2) an extra bobbin case & bobbins (bring both of yours with you) and different size needles. (smaller number for finer fabrics...#8-10,  larger for heavier cottons ...10-12 all the way up to #14-16 for denim, heavy cotton duck, etc.  Just take a look at how the needle sits in your machine, there's a flat edge to the top of the needle - that usually goes in back, but there are some older nonSinger models out there where the flat part is on the side.  You'll want to know which you need.   99% use the 1st type.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal