Author Topic: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 12223 times)

Country Singer

Re: 2019 Annual Spring SEPN Campout - May 3-5 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 03:37:48 PM »
and are there any sort of picnic tables or the like, or is it just a bare-bones area.

Bare bones, so bring whatever table and chairs you need.
Here's an aerial view of the area:

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

crplhood

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »
Looks like we'll be there Saturday, after 3 days of hiking in Vogel. Just show up at the campsite?

Country Singer

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 10:41:52 PM »
Yep, just show up, we'll be easy to find!
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2019, 06:21:23 AM »
Looks like we'll be there Saturday, after 3 days of hiking in Vogel. Just show up at the campsite?
Is there still a trail from Vogel that ties into the AT near Blood Mountain ? Say Slaughter Gap ?

crplhood

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 06:55:49 AM »
Yep, the Duncan Ridge Loop via Slaughter Gap. We'll be staying there either tomorrow or Friday night, after hiking most of the blood mtn loop.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2019, 07:58:00 AM »
Yep, the Duncan Ridge Loop via Slaughter Gap. We'll be staying there either tomorrow or Friday night, after hiking most of the blood mtn loop.
The wife & I are OLD, so we camp at Lake Winfield Scott.  We do a day loop using Slaughter Creek Trail, AT & Jarrard Gap trail.

BennyMG1

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2019, 12:44:43 PM »
I have arrived. Anyone joining me early?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
I have arrived. Anyone joining me early?
Is the grass mowed or do I need to bring a weed eater?

BennyMG1

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »
I have my battery powered weed eater. I have an inverter if I need to charge it. You are welcome to it.

The grass is not mowed. Looks like they did a prescribed burn recently. I hope that will reduce tiny critter problems

Lilburner

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2019, 04:17:54 PM »

Added to the top post. Better late than never?

A quick overview of this years classes and activities, all scheduled for Saturday. 03/04

10:00: Portable Food: Presented by elandil - our resident MRE and outdoor food expert and YouTube star.

14:00 Show and Tell: Anything you want! Anything that doesn't fit in to a full-length presentation. All presenters will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Amazon Gift card!

18:00 - Auction! If you've been to our campouts before, you know all about this. It's our only fundraiser and it keeps us in the important stuff like internet and toilets. If you're not familiar - bring a donation or two or ten and we'll auction it/them off. And you might pick up a bargain while you're at it.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
Reminder! Firewood is always appreciated!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »
I may not be able to come  :'(

All packed, too.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »
Help?

My billfold was lost/stolen. I'm all packed and ready to go. Got all my supplies, food, drinks, full tank of gas... it would be a waste not to go at this point.

I've pieced together my expired paper driver's license, a $35 Visa debit gift card, 3 one dollar bills, and probably $100 in change. I'm fairly comfortable getting on the road since I have AAA.

I've got my checkbook, but I can't cash checks because I don't have valid ID. Can anyone cash a small check at the campout? I'm good for it, I swear. Preferably a couple or more people. I'd like to put my hands on $100-$200, and don't want to burden one person.

Thanks for your consideration.

Prepping lesson: Keep a valid credit/debit card in your home or vehicle.

~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2019, 07:45:13 PM »
Check PM lilburner

Lilburner

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2019, 08:02:35 AM »
Thanks for the PMs. I'll reply as soon as I get some coffee in me and put out some fires.
~ Daniel Webster

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal