Author Topic: Stockpile breakers!  (Read 927 times)

Lilburner

Stockpile breakers!
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:12:30 PM »
New one to me.

Had a breaker go bad. I remember it once when I lived with my parents - maybe middle school age. Same basic result. Ruined day, chasing around a specific breaker... At least I had the internet.

Find your specs before you go, too. I have a Siemens box, but there are multiple Siemens. I bought two, and still wasn't convinced I had the right one til I got it in.

A couple spare 15s and 20s should cover your lights and outlets for the better part of a lifetime ($5-$10 each). Then bigger ones (30/40) for individual circuits like stove, dryer, well, AC.

Having to go out for them is bad enough. Not being able to would be even worse!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

cope

Re: Stockpile breakers!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:29:06 AM »
when I had one go bad I just took it out and took it to the store with me so I knew I would get the right kind. Showed the guy in electrical and said I need one of these. I actually bought a few so I would have some spares in case it happened again sometime.

Abigayle

Re: Stockpile breakers!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 07:19:17 PM »
Good idea to have an extra of each kind you may need.  In case of civil unrest, pandemic, etc. you may not want to be waltzing around the street looking for them.  In some scenarios, store may be closed.  This is something we missed storing, thanks!
Lilburner!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal