Author Topic: Prepper Camp 2020 - September 25-27, 2020  (Read 4667 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Prepper Camp 2020 - September 25-27, 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 07:42:15 AM »
  Prepper Camp 2020 is now Sold Out!

Due to current Covid-19 Restrictions, and associated limitations on capacity, and social distancing requirements, Prepper Camp 2020 tickets are now sold out.  (The event will go on as scheduled, just a little more spread out.) There will be temperatures taken PRIOR to receiving tickets at registration, and anyone with a fever will not be allowed entry. So, if you are sick, stay home.  If you are not, and if you currently have tickets, bring masks/face coverings, and respect social distancing requirements. We understand that this is not “ideal”, but then again, what has been since this whole Covid-19 event has happened?

https://www.preppercamp.com/

John Galt 1

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 09:55:48 PM »
Sucks that tickets are sold out.     I just learned that I would be able to attend but no tickets available!
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

ProGeek

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
I'm just glad they haven't canceled it.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 06:23:00 AM »
Here is the Class Schedule for Prepper Camp 2019    

This last year’s schedule for your review. We will post the 2020 schedule 2 weeks prior to the event. You will then be able to view and print out a copy of the class schedule by clicking the link below. (You can attend any class, on any day of your choosing, without having to preregister. You can make your own schedule according to your own interests!)

Download the PDF file to your computer or your phone.

Print them out.

Link to campground may.  See where you will be camping.
https://www.orchardlakecampground.com/map/

Just bring your own copy of the schedule, because we will NOT be handing these out at the event.

https://www.preppercamp.com/class-and-event-schedules/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:45:13 AM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 08:13:16 AM »
Tenative class schedule as of this morning Friday 9/11/20
8 Knots
10 Biggest Mistakes People Make in Prepping -Preparedness Basics  -Survivor Jane
Aquaponics for Homesteaders and Preppers
Basic Beekeeping
Blacksmithing for Beginners
Canning Basics
Cheese Making
Colliodal Silver
Concealed Carry  and Defensive Shooting
Congregational Security – How to Create a Plan to Secure Your Place of Worship
DC Power Alternatives –  “Lights On” for Preppers
Dehydrating for Food Preservation
Dutch Oven & Camp Cooking
Fermenting To Preserve Foods
Get Off The Grid- Starting Now!
Geothermal Heating and Cooling
Homeschooling – Made Easy
Homestead Herbals, Keeping Your Family Healthy in Times of Turmoil
How to Reload Ammunition
How to Survive a Real Pandemic and Biological Warfare
Machete Combat 101

Making Soap 101
Meals in a Jar (or Bag)
Medical Martial Law – Worse Than You Can Imagine
Nuclear, Biological, & Chemical (NBC) Protection & Survival
Off Grid Perimeter Security- Using Off the Shelf Technology
Prepper’s Guide to Physical Security
Protect Your Gun Rights – How to Overcome a State Gun Grab and 2nd Amendment Takeover
Primitive Wilderness Survival Skills
Privacy & Security
Psychological Warfare Class
Rabbits – A Colony Approach to Breeding
Restoring Cast Iron Cookware
Secret Garden of Survival- How to Grow a Camouflaged Food Forest
Secret Greenhouse of Survival- How to Build the Ultimate Homestead & Prepper Greenhouse
Secret Livestock of Survival- How to Raise the 10 Best Choices for Retreat and Homestead Livestock
Sun Cooking Essentials Workshop
Sunday Sunrise Service
Survival Groups and Mutual Assistance Groups (MAGS)

Survivor Jane’s Preparedness Basics
Taking Care of Your Animals in a Disaster- When You are the Veterinarian
Tomahawk Throwing
Truth about EMPs – What Will Really Survive
Using a Stick for Combat – 101
Using Fibers for Homesteading and Survival
What Happens After Bang! – How to Protect Yourself After You Have Pulled the Trigger.

Who and What is Q anon?
Wild Edible Plants/Survival Resources- Nature Walk & Talk  (Wild Edible Survival)

Wild Food Gardening
https://www.preppercamp.com/classes/

Abigayle

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 09:35:19 AM »
You lucky, lucky people that get to go.  I would have a tough time choosing what to attend.  Most of it looks really good!  Hope you can share with those of us that could not attend.  Thor and I were looking forward to it all year, but did not sign up due to the virus and our ages.  Maybe next year, this will all be behind us and we will be some of the first to get out tickets!

ProGeek

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »
Seems like the food truck selection is down. Time to pack a lunch!
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

YellowRose

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 09:32:24 AM »
If anyone discovers at the last minute that they can't go, I will gladly buy your ticket. 

ProGeek

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
If you are going next week, post here so we can arrange to meet up.

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
If anyone discovers at the last minute that they can't go, I will gladly buy your ticket.

Per the Twitter account, tickets are being bought and sold on Facebook.

"If you have purchased tickets that you would like to sell at the face value you purchased them at OR interested in purchasing their ticket(s) please post to Prepper  Camp Facebook Page THEN "PM" one another."
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »
I've missed a few things since I was last on here.  I plan on going, ProGeek.  I'm bringing a friend of mine that I brought last year.  We're in spot P1, if I wrote it right way back when I reserved it.  It's the third year for me and second for him.  I assume he's using the same small tent he used last year and I have a small one as well.  If anyone needs a camping spot (tents), I think we're allowed 3 tents - we had 3 last year since his kid had his own.  The kid can't make it this year.

I'm up for sharing meals.  We're closer to the action than Lilburner, so quick lunches can be shared near us.  Oh - very important tip, this is very fast paced.  Don't expect a lot of down time.  You're in class all day, quick lunch, quick dinner, speaker after dinner until going to bed pretty spent.  Don't plan any elaborate meals.  Now's the time to try out the dehydrated meals or snack foods that don't take 45 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to clean up - you don't have that much time.

Lilburner had a lot of good tips.  You're own chair is a must in my book.  Their chairs get very uncomfortable by the middle of the first day, and I have a lot of padding.  I just took notes on classes.  I'm happy to share them afterwards.  Pay attention to the classes.  Some of the speakers have other things going on in their lives or emergencies that pop up, so they only do the first day or two days.  I'd say to do your must-haves first. The hosts are the Secret Garden/Greenhouse, and Survivor Jane classes - so there's a very good bet that they'll be there on the third day.  I loved his classes! She's a great speaker too. Her topics were interesting, but not "Holy smokes! When I build a house, this is what I want to expand on!"
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 02:48:23 PM »
Upacreek,  We are near you  P3 and looking in you tent door.  We have a big awning on the camper and I am bringing the picnic table topper and extra chairs.  Most of our food will be precooked so all we have to do is warm it up.  We are supposed to have electricity and the camper has a microwave.  We are bringing a big bowl of chicken salad and a pack of small buns for quick lunches.  I can even make morning coffee as we are early risers.

I liked the campgroud web page where they have pictures of the campsites so I have already spotted our campsite.

Lilburner

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 04:11:31 PM »
Anyone got their class schedule picked?

Looks like a lot of new ones.

One old one I didn't go to was "10 mistakes". Anyone been to that one?

Definitely need knots.

One from last year that was one of my favorites unexpectedly was Privacy and Security. That's the one where the guy showed how to access the internet and even buy from Amazon without leaving a footprint - even the delivery untraceable.

I'm fascinated by wild edibles, but not sure I'll go. Because I suck at it. Been to a half dozen classes and still couldn't identify anything. Maybe if I had a book in my pack.

Might go to Q anon because I still don't understand what the heck they are. Best I can come up with is they're "Perhaps overly zealous about identifying child predators and they at some point will reveal some big secret that will change everything, but haven't yet". But somehow they're "a danger to America".

The machete and stick combat classes could be fun, but I'm pretty much planning on going the Indiana Jones route for an attack with a handheld weapon.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2020, 05:17:13 PM »
"Upacreek, I'm up for sharing meals.  We're closer to the action than Lilburner, so quick lunches can be shared near us. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We also are willing to share.  The wife grilled a slab of ribs, cooled them and sliced off individual ribs.  They were individually wrapped so we can thaw out the required number and then just heat up.  She is making a mashed potato casserole, so we can spoon out a serving and warm up.  Baked beans for a veggie.  The microwave should speed things up. Musical fruit!  Then there will be a desert of course something with blueberries, probably a coffee cake.  Coffee & blueberry coffee cake sounds good for breakfast.
We will be bringing a bowl of chicken salad and pack of small buns for lunch sandwiches.  Wife calls them slider buns.  We will have an extra rotisserie chicken in the freezer and a steak or two in the freezer.  We will be bringing 3 loaves of bread in the freezer, banna, blueberry and chocolate zucchini.  We like to eat well when camping.....See You there.

upacreek

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2020, 06:49:15 PM »
RWS - Why aren't you people 400 pounds each???  My friend I'm bringing lured me into his keto cult last October.  My M&M lunch notwithstanding, I need to get back on that wagon.  I was 50 pounds down and felt way better!  I was planning eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfasts, chicken salad or tuna for lunch and some meat - steak or kielbasa for dinner.  Obviously, yours sounds infinitely superior.  Ribs or chicken wings sound awesome and they're good cold too. 

One very important tip I forgot - IF you are going Friday - be sure to attend your favorite classes.  If it's your favorite, chances are it'll be everyone's favorite and Friday is the deadest day since some people just come Saturday and Sunday. 

My tentative schedule:
Friday:
Machette Combat
Blacksmithing
Stick Combat
Tomahawk Throwing
Off Grid Perim Security
Rabbit Colonies
Aquaponics

Saturday:
Getting Off Grid - Now
Physical Security
Who is Qanon
Geothermal Energy
Wild Food Gardening
Pandemic Survival
You're the Veterinarian

Sunday:
Dutch Oven Cooking
Wild Edible Survival
Using Fibers
Primitive Wilderness
Medical Martial Law
DC Power - Lights On
Making Soap 101

All are subject to change since they're still adjusting the schedule.  There's a wine class added for those that like wine. It's every day at 5:15 at the beach tent.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal