Author Topic: Prepper Camp 2020 - September 25-27, 2020  (Read 4619 times)

Abigayle

Re: Prepper Camp 2020 - September 25-27, 2020
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2020, 07:11:00 PM »
You're killing me here!  Oh, how I need a wine class.  I have not made wine since 1999....yes, 1999. A manful date for some of you.  Watching the early countries turn over to 2000, saying, well they don't really have power anyway....AND THEN, the big non-event....  Our adult son took that moment to sneak into the utility room and turn our power off.  We were excited for a moment there, we were all ready, and out in the boonies...ahhh the memories...
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
Is the offer for a tent space still available?  Is there a ticket connected with it that can be purchased?  My 50 year old son would love to go, he has the tent.  I just checked with him.  He is easy to be around, won't be up half the night.  I find him very likable....boy what a reference.

upacreek

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2020, 12:10:18 AM »
Is the offer for a tent space still available?  Is there a ticket connected with it that can be purchased?  My 50 year old son would love to go, he has the tent.  I just checked with him.  He is easy to be around, won't be up half the night.  I find him very likable....boy what a reference.

I PM'd you too.  I have the space.  I'll check in the morning with the campground to find out if 2 cars are allowed.  If worse comes to worse, he may have to unload and then park his car in the overflow lots (short walk, maybe 5 minutes away).  I'm sorry I don't have an extra ticket.  I'll check to see if my friend got one for his 15 year old son.  I think he'd be considered an adult for pricing.  I'm sure you wouldn't be biased about your kid or anything.  In any case, I'm up on my knot tying and have plenty of duct tape if he's mouthy.  LOL
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Abigayle

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
I would say, tie him up, just for fun, but he might like it....  Thanks for checking! He drives a jeep, so can park anywhere that he thinks his precious  baby would be safe.

YellowRose

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:06 PM »
I was able to get a ticket from someone on the facebook page, so I will be there after all!

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 12:57:55 PM »
I checked the weather and 68 daytime 54 to 58 at night cloudy 50% chance of thunder showers.  So for me it is long sleeves, jeans, rain jacket and umbrella.

upacreek

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »
Thanks. I’ll bring a couple canopies. I love the fall weather!  I wonder what they’ll do for the thunder storms.  Those tents in open fields are not safe. Those that didn’t grow up watching the lightning show in the Boston Museum of Science with the Van der Graaf generator, your car is one of the safest spots to go.

Bring boots!  The shopping area and two tents past it are practically under water after it rains.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Lilburner

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
Cool and rainy first day! Rained HARD overnight. Glad I wasn't in a tent!

Good to see RWS, Upacreek, Progeek, Rockhopper and Yellow Rose.

Tomorrow and Sunday supposed to be dry and 75. So it should only get better from here.

Today's classes for me were Defensive Firearms, NBC, Q Anon, Growing Wild Food, Geothermal Energy, Pandemic, and "You're the Veterinarian" *wink wink*
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
All caught up and rested a bit.

I listed my first day classes. Saturday was Dutch Oven Cooking, 8 Knots to Know, Truth About EMPs, Cheese Making, Wild Food Gardening, Rabbit Colonies, and Aquaponics.

Sunday was Dehydrating, Physical Security, Meals in a Jar, Bugout Bag, and "After Bang" (what happens if you shoot someone).

I blew off the last two to get home early. I'm extra glad, too, because when I stopped in Travelers Rest to fill up on $1.79 diesel and did a walkaround, I decided I wasn't super happy with one of my trailer tires to take it on the interstate, so I changed it. Knocked it out in 15 minutes, but better daylight in a parking lot than after dark on 85.

Got some nice books in the vendor area, and the Dutch oven guy, "Pork Chop" from the show Ice Road Truckers was selling food from his vendor tent, so I had shrimp and grits for lunch Saturday AND Sunday (I HEART shrimp and grits).

Got to hang out with our SEPN folks some more Saturday evening which was nice. Also enjoyed seeing others I've met along the way and meeting some new friends as well.

I've been two years running and plan on going back. Highly recommended. As a heads up if you're considering going next year, the time to plan to act is November/December time frame as soon as tickets go on sale. They start off highly discounted (I THINK 50%), and camping fills up FAST. Otherwise you have to stay off site. With the discounted ticket and three nights in a full hookup site, my grand total was about $190.

Great to see y'all who made it! Looking forward to even more next year, and especially looking to seeing everyone in a couple weeks!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Abigayle

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »
Everyone, please share tips on things you learned, or sites that the presenter has on line.  Lilburner, glad you make it home o.k. and took the safe, scenic route!
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 07:21:05 AM »
We took the safe scenic route up and it took all day.  We came home down I26 & I85 to Banks crossing.

The wife said she really liked the classes and asked me if we were going to do it next year.  I told her that there may not be a next year depending on the upcoming election and possible civil disorder!  In any case I told her we had a few months to decide before holiday ticket prices could be offered??

Preppercamp was well attended by seprepnet members.  I hope it was not a burn out ahead of our Fall Campout!  We seemed to have managed thru the rain and stuff we forgot to pack.  We enjoyed it, now back to gardening for two weeks before another camping trip.

RWS

• Bugged Out

Abigayle

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »
Is he a preppier, presenter, or both?
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2020, 07:31:17 PM »
Is he a prepper, presenter, or both?
He and his wife did the Sunday morning worship service.  They also had a booth selling herbal solutions.  I think I got a bottle of tincture of cinnamon from them.  I believe they said it was good for arthur's itus.  Now to figure out how to use it.  Next year I should be able to make my own.  My wife came home from the grocery store with a cinnamon root.  Looks like I should be able to get 5 plants from it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal