Author Topic: Free prepping/homesteading, etc. ebooks - Kindle, pdf, and more  (Read 28786 times)

Asia_Off_Grid

Re: Free prepping/homesteading, etc. ebooks - Kindle, pdf, and more
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 06:34:25 PM »
But clouds won't be accessible in an emergency.  We all need a dedicated inexpensive device to keep our ebooks on with a solar setup to charge it.

Of course a cloud wouldn't be available in an emergency / SHTF scenario. Neither would this forum. Depending on the situation, neither would most electronic devices, or even solar.

I was referring to having file hosting available, which wouldn't cost the administration of this site anything, but still allow members a way to download and print resources in order to be prepared.
Paul

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Yeah, y'all are talking about two different things. Acquisition vs retention.

My Dropbox is maxed out. And apparently I have something from Microsoft as well that's maxed out, and I already have an account on Mega. Never used them much for sharing since i I have FTP mounts and direct url access.

Any suggestions on a good one?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Asia_Off_Grid

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 05:06:40 AM »

My Dropbox is maxed out.

I too, have Dropbox. From referrals, etc., I have 8.4 Gigabytes on my personal account, mostly used solely for hosting images, like the one below. I forget the particulars now. But, they also gave me an attached account, offering another 2.2 Gigabytes of storage.

And apparently I have something from Microsoft as well that's maxed out...

I'm under the impression you are talking about Microsoft OneDrive? I have a license that a buddy shared with me from his (owner) company. It's Office 365. It apparently runs $99 USD / year. But, it also comes with one free hour of Skype phone each month and your OneDrive is upgraded to 1 Terabyte of storage. I have uploaded many files I do not want lost, nothing needing to be secured, but have yet to really scratch the surface.

Paul

Asia_Off_Grid

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 05:07:50 AM »
... and I already have an account on Mega. Never used them much for sharing since i I have FTP mounts and direct url access.

I use Mega, but not so often. I believe they also have bandwidth limits? Not sure, as it's been a while since I even accessed my Mega account.

Any suggestions on a good one?

Another option for you, may be Google Drive? I think Google drive will offer 15 Gigabytes for free. I pay $19.00 USD / year for 100 Gigabytes. Seriously considering dropping it, though, especially with the OneDrive account now being my main account.

Sorry for posting two replies. For some reason, I had issues with the last two quotes showing properly.
Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal