Author Topic: Members Preps/area reports on available goods  (Read 55662 times)

Fixit

Re: Members Preps/area reports on available goods
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »
Wal-Mart here had 7 cases of pints on Thursday a r 3 cases of 1/2 gals.

tlwagg

« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »
Paper isle not looking too good here. I also noticed that some of the normal Thanksgiving caned goods were lacking.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

8greenbeans

« Reply #257 on: November 23, 2020, 10:37:02 PM »
Happened into Target in Canton and saw quite a few canning jars for sale. But alas, still no flats (lids).

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2020, 01:27:50 PM »
Amazon had flats a few days ago.  There were two deals and a coupon....still salty.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2021, 12:23:55 PM »
While in town this morning I did the monthly top off of the gas tank in my Volt.  The book says to keep the tank full.  It takes premium at $4.16.  I am glad it only took 3.3 gallons!

aces

« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2021, 07:27:50 PM »
Found lids in Lilburn at Dollar General.  Will bring some or send some to the campout on 31st.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:52:57 PM by aces »

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
The wife went grocery shopping this morning.  She says she is always amazed at how empty the shelves are.  Today Wallmart had margarine but no sugar, notta one.  The wife broke into the last ten lb bag of sugar yesterday when she made light syrup for the canning of blue berries.  Looks like we will have to start using from the 25 lb bags we bought earlier.  See page 1 of this thread.  We use lots of sugar canning during the first part of Summer.

Surveyor1

« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
I took inventory of sugar last night as I had to re-fill the sugar bowl.  The wife told me how many 4lb bags we had in stock.  I said "Is that all?".  She then said Walmart had 25 lb bags on sale.  (big mistake)  I went to Walmart this morning and there was a policeman I did not recognize doing security.  He said he was from out of town.  I asked if there was a reason he was there (cause I have never seen one in Walmart before).  He said no not that he was aware of.  Then he seemed curious why I was asking so I was wondering if it was because of the coronavirus and Walmart was expecting a run on the store. 
I found the sugar in 25lb bags for $8.88 a bag.  I got two.  There were a few more things on my list so the cartt was fairly full when leaving.
I put the sugar in new 5 gal buckets when I got home.

Yep that 25 LB bag of sugar is now $12.12…. You should have bought more! 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Fixit

« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »
Al! I will say on the sugar is I keep a 55 gallon drum topped off

Abigayle

« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2022, 03:20:45 PM »
Kroger, in a medium sized town yesterday, the first isle after the produce isle was empty.  The had signs in each section stating where you could find the item that has previously been there, like flavored waters.  Each section was different.  At the other end of the store, just before the dairy items, same thing.  The isle was cleaned out and notes were posted, stating where you could find the items that had been removed.  This of course, meant two complete isles of missing items of some kind or another.  They can't put them on top of each other.  Also, sections are getting smaller, in terms of choices
The whole freezer section looked poor.  There were very few frozen vegetables.  No chicken pot pies. TV dinner selections were very thin, as was the ice cream.  I didn't ask anyone if this was due to remodleing. Meat and chicken was cut way back as well.  Anyone else seeing this or was it just this store.  A week ago, Publics was pretty well stocked, but pricey.  Kroger had baby formula, not a lot, but some!  Need baby formula?  Just go to our southern border.  They have shelves waiting to give to the illegals, along with their free cell phone.

tlwagg

« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2022, 08:36:29 PM »
I've been looking for Wyler's granulated beef bullion for the last 8 months. Nothing!  There is no longer a space for it. I've also been unable to find chocolate almond milk for the last few months. The vanilla almond milk is out most of the time too. We checked out a new store that sells wine but they have a good sized organic section too. They had chocolate almond milk :)!!!!!!!!!!!! We bought 4 and will probably go back for more.

nj_m715

« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2022, 09:11:39 PM »
I was waiting for the military discount at tractor supply to stock up on some oils and fluids
most of the isle was empty. I wanted atf, brake fluid and gear oil
they had none of it
walmart had 2 bottles of brake fluid and atf
I took them and took the last 3 of the standard freon cans, only the expensive cans were left and there weren't many
needed brakes for a 2007 toyota, probably one of the most common cars on the road. had to wait 2 days

might want to buy what you need to keep your car running, even if you take your car to a shop, he can't change your oil without oil and filter or change brakes without brakes

Surveyor1

« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2022, 10:30:43 PM »
I've been looking for Wyler's granulated beef bullion for the last 8 months. Nothing!  There is no longer a space for it. I've also been unable to find chocolate almond milk for the last few months. The vanilla almond milk is out most of the time too. We checked out a new store that sells wine but they have a good sized organic section too. They had chocolate almond milk :)!!!!!!!!!!!! We bought 4 and will probably go back for more.

Have you tried the Heb Ox sodium Free bullion???  We buy on Amazon and it is actually better than anything else we’ve ever tried?  Link Attached…

https://www.amazon.com/Herb-Ox-Sodium-Bouillon-Chicken-Packets/dp/B01KXSELDK?pd_rd_w=CnYxb&content-id=amzn1.sym.0fa666f9-8458-4064-8cd8-03e3608e5e74&pf_rd_p=0fa666f9-8458-4064-8cd8-03e3608e5e74&pf_rd_r=Z6BGFS6PEDYYJPSDP7C6&pd_rd_wg=h2gFm&pd_rd_r=93b90e9a-45fd-4ba0-aa92-f70bbbc8c501&pd_rd_i=B01KXSELDK&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_12_t
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

tlwagg

« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2022, 08:53:34 AM »
Have you tried the Heb Ox sodium Free bullion???  We buy on Amazon and it is actually better than anything else we’ve ever tried?  Link Attached…

https://www.amazon.com/Herb-Ox-Sodium-Bouillon-Chicken-Packets/dp/B01KXSELDK?pd_rd_w=CnYxb&content-id=amzn1.sym.0fa666f9-8458-4064-8cd8-03e3608e5e74&pf_rd_p=0fa666f9-8458-4064-8cd8-03e3608e5e74&pf_rd_r=Z6BGFS6PEDYYJPSDP7C6&pd_rd_wg=h2gFm&pd_rd_r=93b90e9a-45fd-4ba0-aa92-f70bbbc8c501&pd_rd_i=B01KXSELDK&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_12_t

No is it the cubes? Because that's not what I'm looking for. I need it for my onions! All the old timers will remember those.

Surveyor1

« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2022, 09:54:58 AM »

No is it the cubes? Because that's not what I'm looking for. I need it for my onions! All the old timers will remember those.

No it comes in packets and is granulated, would be perfect to sprinkle on the onions!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal