Author Topic: Coronavirus Closures (Updated With Georgia Shelter in Place Order)  (Read 38466 times)

Starlady

Re: Coronavirus Closures
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »
Latest  updates from NASCAR:
Both the Atlanta (this w/e) and Homestead (next w/e) will be run - but no fans.

Other news from FLoyd County:
City of Rome schools (they are sep from County) all closed Friday and Monday,
Darlington School has extended Spring Break by a week till 3/23 for students, staff back on 3/17
Rome United Methodist (the oldest and largest UMC in Rome) has cancelled all services 'til further notice,
Rome St. Pat's parade cancelled.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
The neighborhood next to mine has canceled it's Friday night get togethers until further notice.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:50 PM »
From CBS Atlanta:

Cobb County Schools closed Monday 'til further notice.
Atlanta Schools closed also  for 2 weeks at least.
UGA closing all 26 locations starting Monday, students asked to leave by tomorrow eve.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:00:30 PM by Starlady »
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »
I wish Georgia State would close. I worry what my son will bring home.

Starlady

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »
Decatur City Schools closed indefinitely per CBS Atl.
GA State Legislature closing as of tomorrow am, going home.

tlwagg

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 05:42:12 PM »
I just got a robo call from Georgia State and they are cancelling classes for the next two weeks. Students need to be off campus by 5pm Friday.
Office of the President

Georgia State University is canceling classes for two weeks beginning Monday, March 16, to test its online teaching modules and its business continuity plan, as authorized by the University System of Georgia.

Students are asked to depart Georgia State’s campuses by 5 p.m., Friday, March 13, and to plan to remain away for two weeks.

The university will continue to provide housing for residential students who are unable to leave during these two weeks. At this time, students in university housing are not being asked to move out for the remainder of the semester.

Additional details for students, faculty and staff will be forthcoming.

Mark Becker
President

Starlady

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 1800EDT)
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »
Correct NASCAR dates are:
Atlanta 3/15 (THIS weekend)
Homestead 3/22 (NEXT weekend)
No fans at either and NASCAR may still cancel Homestead

And Gwinnett, DeKalb, Clayton schools all closed also.

tlwagg

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 1826EDT)
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »
Fox News announced Broadway is closing.

nj_m715

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 07:27:08 PM »
jackson county closing 2 wks

Starlady

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 07:34:45 PM »
City of Rome Schools now closed till 4/4.

Floyd County Schools now closed thru 3/25 (Wed)

Berry College closing the campus to visitors.  Students returning from Spring Break this weekend will be screened for exposure.

Shorter University going online 3/23.  Residents asked to leave by Sunday -hardship exceptions to be reviewed.

All University System of Georgia campuses to be closed Monday, 3/16.  This includes all Georgia Highland campuses.

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints suspending all public gatherings worldwide, including all worship services, classes, and conferences until further notice.

MoleStomper

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 2015EDT)
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 08:46:02 PM »
Hall County and City of Gainesville schools closed next week.  School from home.

MoleStomper

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 2015EDT)
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
Disney World will close Sunday.

Starlady

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 2115EDT)
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 09:41:06 PM »
Just in case anyone here was interested, the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashville, 4/16-19 is cancelled.

RevJammer

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 09:42:02 PM »
Hamilton County, TN (Chattanooga) schools closed. 

RJ

ETA:
 Alerts
 New IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Catoosa County Public Schools will be closed from March 16th through March 27th. Students will return to school on April 6th after Spring Break. The district is taking this action in an abundance of caution to reduce the opportunity for the spread of COVID-19 among our teachers and students. At this time, there are no known confirmed cases of coronavirus in our community or in Hamilton County; however, we have closed to provide a two-week window for children to be out of school to reduce the opportunity for the virus to spread. In addition to closing our schools, the Georgia High School Association is suspending spring sports activities until further notice. All students have a digital device, and digital learning will begin on Monday. Lessons will be posted in each teacher’s Google Classroom. Please visit your child’s school website for additional information. Governor Brian Kemp provided guidance for school systems today, and the state supports school systems closing for a 14-day period for us to better understand and control the spread of COVID-19 in our community.

Starlady

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 10:06:58 PM »
Florida44 reports on FB that Forsyth County Schools are closed next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal