Author Topic: Coronavirus Closures (Updated With Georgia Shelter in Place Order)  (Read 38989 times)

Starlady

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 12MAR at 2115EDT)
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 10:30:44 PM »
Paulding County just jumped onboard for the next 2 weeks.  3/16-29
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

tlwagg

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 11:23:07 PM »
Factbox: U.S. Coronavirus cancellations, closings and postponements

(Reuters) - Concerns over the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States forced cancellations, closings and postponements throughout sports, entertainment and education on Thursday.
FILE PHOTO: A nearly empty 7th Avenue in Times Square is seen at rush hour after it was announced that Broadway shows will cancel performances due to the coronavirus outbreak in New York, U.S., March 12, 2020. REUTERS/Mike Segar

Here is some of the most impactful:
SPORTS

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL - The league suspended spring training games and will delay the start of the 2020 season by at least two weeks. The league said that guidance regarding daily operations and workouts will be relayed to clubs in the coming days.

COLLEGE - The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) canceled all sporting events, including the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments that were set to begin over the next two weeks.

PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY - The National Hockey League suspended its season with 189 games remaining and all team meetings and practices have been put on pause.

SOCCER - Major League Soccer has suspended its season for 30 days, effective immediately.
CULTURE

MUSEUMS - Smithsonian Museums in Washington D.C. along with the National Zoo in New York City said that they will be closed on Saturday and did not announce a re-opening date, due “to the rapidly changing nature of the situation.”

THE MET - The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York announced that it has temporarily closed its three locations, Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters until further notice.

ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME - This year’s induction ceremony, scheduled for May 2, was postponed indefinitely.

BROADWAY - theaters were shut down. Shows will resume the week of April 13.
SCHOOLS

OHIO - At the close of school on Monday all public, private, charter K-12 schools in Ohio will be closed until April 3.

STATE OF WASHINGTON - Schools will be closed in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties until April 24.

KENTUCKY - Governor Andy Beshear recommended schools be closed for two weeks.

MARYLAND - Governor Larry Hogan announced that schools will close starting Monday through March 27.

NEW MEXICO - Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham said in a post on Twitter that the state would be closing its public schools for three weeks beginning Monday.
ENTERTAINMENT

WALT DISNEY - The theme park operator said it will close its sites in California and Florida from this weekend through the end of March. Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures starting Saturday through the end of the month.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS - Comcast Corp’s Universal Studios theme park near Los Angeles also will close on Saturday with plans to reopen on March 28.
GOVERNMENT

SUPREME COURT - The Supreme Court Building in Washington D.C. was closed to the public until further notice.

U.S. CAPITOL - The Capitol Visitor Center suspended tours. It said that it expected to reopen for tours on April 1.

WHITE HOUSE - Tours of the White House were suspended.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »
Fayette Co. Closing, Heard Co, Henry Co Lumkin Co. Madison Co, Morgan Co.  Let's just say most schools in the state....Pickens Co. ect. ect. etc. Our Co. is not showing as closed at this time.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 10:36:03 AM »
Not as many effected but The Old Blind Dog Pub has canceled their St. Patrick's bash. It brings in lots of people as they move the celebration to the parking lot in tents. It's a pretty big thing around here.

Starlady

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
DARN IT!  Both NASCAR races, this Sunday and next are now postponed.  That's my knitting time!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Starlady

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »
And if you want anything from Baker Creek Seeds, order it NOW.  Closing down all other parts of the business except shipping - and I doubt that will last long.

Starlady

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
Six Flags over GA closing till 3/30

Abigayle

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 03:11:44 PM »
Star Lady, Bakers Seed main operation and farm is in Southern MO.  As you know, it is family owned.  I am sure they worry about the multiple-generational exposure.  Maybe they are running low on seed.  I also like Johnny's and Southern Exposure, and Totally Tomatoes.  Territory ahead is also good.  All these offer non-hybrid selections.  Of course hy-brid is o.k. in a pinch and also good for new gardeners that have trouble doing things organically.  Right now, food may be food!  I ordered all my neem oil, etc. very early, just in case.  I am embarrassed to say how many seeds I have.  I shop seeds like many women shop shoes...

Starlady

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 05:40:27 PM »
They aren't low on seed, I just foresee them closing down even that operation as things get worse fast.

tlwagg

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
World of Coke: Closed for two weeks.

High Museum: Closed for two week.

2 Chick-Fli-A's in Dekalb County eill be drive thru only.

Marget Mitchell house closed.

African American Male Wellness Walk: The event has been postponed, along with other public events hosted by the Morehouse School of Medicine.

American Craft Show: Craft fair planned for Cobb Galleria Centre canceled
Content Continues Below

Atlanta History Center: Author Lori Gottlieb cancels upcoming Atlanta History Center talk

Atlanta National College Fair: Atlanta National College Fair March 15 cancelled

Atlanta Opera: The final 2 performances of Gershwin’s Porgy & Bess, have been cancelled

Atlanta Science Festival Expo: Atlanta Science Festival cancels expo due to coronavirus pandemic

Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Orchestra subs one violin maestro for another

Avalon: Luck of Avalon canceled; more information to come

Brenau University: All public events canceled through March 20.

City of Atlanta: State of the City Address has been postponed

Cobb County SPLOST open houses: Canceled for the rest of the month.

Colony Square: 2020 Spring Juried Art Exhibit Tannery Row Artist Colony cancelled; more information to come

CNN Studio Tours: CNN temporarily suspends studio tours amid coronavirus concerns

Dad’s Garage: Dad’s Garage pushes carnival fundraiser to late summer

Dental Dash at Dawn for the Developmentally Disabled: The event scheduled for Saturday, March 21 has been canceled.

Fox Theatre: NPR is postponing live tapings of Ask Me Another and Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! through April 3.

Georgia Chamber of Commerce: Georgia Chamber postpones upcoming events

Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech Cognitive Aging conference postponed

HBCU Heroes’ Sports and STEM Camps 2020: The camps scheduled to take place at Clark Atlanta University this Saturday, March 14th and the two following consecutive Saturdays has been postponed.

Hinman Dental Meeting: Annual dental meeting held in Atlanta canceled

17th Annual Jobs Fair at the Georgia International Convention Center: Congressman David Scott announced that the event, set for March 27, has been postponed.

John Lewis celebration: 80th birthday party for congressman is canceled

NAACP Civil Rights and Training Institute: Postponed until further notice

St. Patrick’s Day: Atlanta and Savannah cancel St. Patrick’s Day festival and parades

Sewa International festival: Holi festival organizers announce cancellation over coronavirus concerns

SweetWater 420 festival: SweetWater 420 Fest, including SweetWater 420 Fest 5K, scheduled to take place April 24-26, 2020 will be postponed or cancelled.

The World Natural Hair and Healthy Lifestyle Event: More information to come

Zac Brown Band: Zac Brown Band postpones spring dates on ‘The Owl’ tour

SPORTING EVENTS

Atlanta United and MLS are suspending games over coronavirus concerns.
    The NBA announced late Wednesday that it has suspended the season. A Utah Jazz player tested positive for the coronavirus.
    NCAA cancels all spring and winter championships.
    NASCAR has announced that its event at Atlanta Motor Speedway will be held without fans this weekend.

Starlady

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »
I'm sure you cut and pasted that but the Atlanta NASCAR race is postponed (so is next week's race at Homestead) .  The haulers started leaving the track this morning.

tlwagg

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »
Yep cut and pasted. I saw the NASCAR thing but left it in in case something changed.

florida44

Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated 13MAR at 1837EDT)
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 08:43:05 PM »
On a positive note I heard all the great museums of the world are starting virtual tours during this time. I intend to visit a few
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

MoleStomper

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 09:53:24 PM »
Hall County Schools Will Prepare Student Meals During School Days From Home

In an effort to meet the needs of our students experiencing food insecurity during school days from home, Hall County School District has an established plan to provide meals. From March 16th to 20, members of our school nutrition team will prepare meals to be delivered to student residences through our transportation department. Bus drivers will follow their regular routes once a day at 8:15 AM to deliver these meals.

Families can choose to pick up these meals at their local elementary school in case 10:00 AM-11:00 AM. Note: This also applies to high school and high school students who need to collect meals; they must report to the nearest primary school in their group.

Hall County School District is ready to continue providing this service to students in case school from home extends beyond March 20

For additional inquiries, contact Cheryl Jones, Director of School Nutrition: Cheryl.Jones@hallco.org

Starlady

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 10:08:30 PM »
From Publix Corporate:
To better serve our customers, give our store teams time to conduct additional preventive sanitation and restock product on our shelves, beginning Saturday, March 14 we will adjust store and pharmacy hours companywide to close at 8 p.m. until further notice.

And here's a link to some of those museum tours.  All artsy.  Ima go find some dinosaurs!
https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours?fbclid=IwAR0YfI6IdAWTt4XGVzT9QLcwvSErRO77WdT8fjspHQjXt9Q8Qfsi1uWAXU8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal