Author Topic: Coronavirus Closures (Updated With Georgia Shelter in Place Order)  (Read 13711 times)

Ravenwood1950

• Bugged Out
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
Re: Coronavirus Closures (Updated With Georgia Shelter in Place Order)
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2020, 06:36:16 PM »
I will  have to wear a sack over my head when I go out in public or I will frighten folks. :(
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
Ravenwood, we don't have to go out, just because they say we can.  I don't know about you, but I am not working out in the gym anytime soon.  As for that tattoo I have been putting off for sixty years, well it is just going to have to wait a little longer.  I was shocked to hear that we were opening early, when we don't have enough tests out there.  I understand people needing to get back to work, I really do.  But I think this is being poorly handled.
Our healthcare system does not even have all the equipment it needs and things as simple as swabs are in short supply.
Wish they had gotten all their ducks in a row, before sending grandma to the bowling alley on Friday.  Some people will think that if they say it is o.k., then it must be fine... Today, with the exception of one early outing and one trip to Kroger, with mask and gloves, I have been in for six weeks.  I was really thinking of others, and keeping the spread down.  If we die, we die...not that we want to go today, or anything.  It is not a nice way to go, like reading a book in your rocking chair and then you are gone.  In short (too late for that) the Governor of Ga. is screwing up, just like that past Gov. with the snow storm..too soon and not soon enough...  By the way, I can relate on the hair issue... but we are all in the same boat.
Ariel

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »
I intend to go out a bit:  to the PO to mail blown eggs to my stepsister and some usnea to a friend - both of them have been waiting for over 3 weeks now, and to go get my 3 pair of geese!  I have hens and hatching eggs and eating eggs to deliver.

That said, I carry 2 masks and a box of gloves in the car, along with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes - all of which I will be using liberally.   Until the antibody test comes and/or a vaccine I can believe in (which would NOT involve Bill Gates), I'll continue this practice because I don't see this just going away.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:49 PM »
   Until the antibody test comes and/or a vaccine I can believe in (which would NOT involve Bill Gates), I'll continue this practice because I don't see this just going away.
I called my county health department yesterday.  I asked them if I could get an antibody test.  You would have thought I was speaking greek.  They have no test, don't know when or where I might get one.  So don't be in a hurry......

Abigayle

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
Star Lady, when I leave here, I plan to do the same thing.
Yesterday, I ventured out for the first time, to Kroger's. I had heard that the senior hour was full and the checkouts were long.  When I got there, the line was all the way down the sidewalk.  We were told to stay six feet apart, which everyone had already established. Everyone had masks, some had gloves, including me.  Once inside, we were told which cart to take and where to get it. Entering, we were told to move to the right and remain six feet apart in the store.  Actually, it went really well.  I snagged three pounds of nice looking bacon.  Three half gallons of organic 2% milk, date June 18th, Twelve rolls of decent toilet paper, Twelve rolls of paper towels.  There were only a few left of each, limit one.  I wanted to restock, from my six weeks inside....only fair... There was meat, pork ribs were up to 4.99 a lb.  Rice was cleared out except for some 60 second stuff, beans only in the Mexican Dept.  Canned beans were worked over pretty well.  I did get some sauces, in packets that I like to keep on hand for different flavoring on roasts, etc.  The wine supply was good, until I finished in that isle:). I did get lots of boxed broth, to use with rice and beans.  The store was pretty well stocked.  I didn't check meat, chicken or fish, as I don't have any room left and need to use what I have.  I am good for a month, and will only do a few things, with a few people, when this curfew is lifted.  Going to take more of a wait and see attitude.  Why go through all this to screw up now???  I think we are on the wrong side of the curve.
Ariel

RWS

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2020, 06:06:29 AM »
We can look at the past month and consider it a dry run.  Lets look and see what preps need to be improved, ect.  From what I am hearing we could see another round in the Fall.  I hope that long before then the doctors will be allowed to prescribe HydroxyChloroquine as a preventative.  It shoud only take one pill a week to keep the virus away.  I think that would be great.  All the stores & resterants can remain open.  I would even be able to get a new set of tires for my car.  No worry about a hair cut, just go get one.

Lilburner

• Webmaster
  • Bugged Out
  • Gen. Class
    • http://www.arrl.org/ares
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2020, 07:50:12 AM »
Is HydroxyChloroquine a preventative?

There's so much misinformation going around, much of it willfully deliberate. But it was my understanding that it only alleviates the symptoms, and doesn't remove the virus from the body. I'd very much like to be wrong if it is indeed a preventative.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Abigayle

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2020, 09:23:07 AM »
Recent study at a VA showed little improvement, if any.  This was a small sampling.  You are right, lots of mis-information.  Now they are saying that if a person donates plasma and the person that donates did not have a severe case, it won't work...not enough anti-bodies.
Keep the toilet paper flowing (nice little pun, if I do say so myself).  The jury is still out as to whether we will have a rough fall with this monster or not. The Doc's can not agree.
We just ordered another freezer and it will be delivered in July.  Our twenty-two year old granddaughter is coming to live with us in July.  She is pretty small, and would hate to break a nail.  We will have to re-train her...
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2020, 09:44:56 AM »
Abigayle how many people were in that VA study? Someone one on NextDoor was telling me it was the largest study yet and even though it isn't peer reviewed it proved Chloroquine didn't work.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

There's so much misinformation going around, much of it willfully deliberate. But it was my understanding that it only alleviates the symptoms, and doesn't remove the virus from the body. I'd very much like to be wrong if it is indeed a preventative.
Hydroxychloroquine given with a little zinc seals the virus so it will not multiply(or slows down the multiplication).  They your immune system kills the virus.  If the virus keeps multiplying your immune system ramps up so much trying to kill all the virus that it starts to kill your kidneys and liver ie. you  I did read it will also act as a preventative.  When I visited my Dr 2 weeks ago I asked him if he would prescribe it for preventative and he said 4 weeks.  Evidently there is a trial that will be over in another 2 weeks.  It is a shame to have something that works, is cheap and you are not allowed to have it.

RWS

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2020, 11:17:11 AM »

Today is Wednesday and the wife wanted to go to the grocery store.  It is too wet to do much in the garden, so I volunteered to drive miss Daisy.  I took some left over jalapeno pepper plants to a friend that lives down the road from the grocery.  While talking to him we discussed the virus.  I told him I had some quinine pills like we used to take in Vietnam.  He smiled and said he had tonic water and gin.  Tonic water has quinine in it.  You would need to drink 1.8 liters of tonic water to get the equivalent quinine in a 200mg pill.  Of course you would have a week to do it.

Abigayle

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »
If you price tonic water right now, you will be shocked! Maybe it will come back down soon.  It's a good summer drink, but not that good....That's about enough to float a boat... I guess you could just drink tonic and lime or lemon, but that would take all the fun out of the fizz... :
Ariel

RWS

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
https://100percentfedup.com/laura-ingraham-exposes-bogus-study-pushed-by-anti-trump-media-shockingly-irresponsible/

President Donald Trump plans to order U.S. meat processing plants facing concerns about coronavirus outbreaks to stay open to protect the country's food supply, a senior administration official said on Tuesday.

Trump is likely to sign an executive order later in the day using the Defense Production Act to mandate that the plants continue to function, the official said.

Read Newsmax: Trump Says He's Issuing Order for Tyson's 'Unique' Liability | Newsmax.com
Important: Find Your Real Retirement Date in Minutes! More Info Here

Abigayle

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
so, do the managers know how to process meat?  If people are scared, they may not go back.  If people look at child care, and the expense of going to work, even in a plant, they may choose to stay home, and be better off for it.  We can not tell at this point, if we have just created a new welfare class.
Can Trump force a China owned company located here, to stay open?  This is not a rhetorical question.
Ariel

ProGeek

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2020, 12:37:31 PM »
Can Trump force a China owned company located here, to stay open?  This is not a rhetorical question.

Yes, they can staff it with the national guard if needed.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.