Author Topic: Uncle Sam to mail out checks?  (Read 1300 times)

tlwagg

Uncle Sam to mail out checks?
« on: March 16, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
I just read that the government is considering send $1000 dollars to every adult in the country to boost the economy.

Here's the question. If the government returns $1000 to you. What would you buy? Here are a few ideas.

Food
Weapons
Radio
Gardening supplies
Medical Supplies
Computer
Electronics
Clothes
Livestock
Pay a bill

What are your ideas?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Nemo

Re: Uncle Sam to mail out checks?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »
Ammo.   Review status of 3 Bs plus 2. 

Everyone knows the 3 Bs.  Don't forget the plus 2 of barter and bullion.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

Came into this world screaming, kicking and covered in someone else's blood.  Don't mind going out that way.

God made Man, Colt made him equal, Browning made that perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection to plastic fantastic junk

nj_m715

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:12:48 PM »
I'll go with the classic hookers and drugs
either that or toilet paper, not sure

Starlady

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 07:32:20 PM »
The only thing I can think of that I would like is more canned milk (I hate that powdered stuff) and waaaaaay more livestock feed (even tho I have almost 400lbs now, I have 39 ducks and 19 chickens, it goes fast.)
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SS-Preppers

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
I'd save it to pay my future taxes....That $1,000 will cost me $3,000+ in the following few years.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 10:12:57 PM »
Lead and one more shotgun...Chicken bone broth (yes, I can make it, but good to have for rice and bean, etc.
Thor ordered some garden soil, bird netting, chicken feed, etc. from Tractor Supply.  We are in there enough that he knows the manager.  Thor called him from the parking lot.  The manager came out, took his credit card, rang up our on line order and loaded it for us.  Thor took the card and wiped if off with the Clorox wipe he took with him and came home. We also bought a lot of T posts.  So, the guy stood away from the truck they stretched their arms out and that was that.  People are getting with the system. Only trip off the property in three weeks...I should have ridden also, just to look out the window!
Ariel

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 06:20:34 AM »
Probably 1 box of .22lr shells if $1000.00 Zimbabwe dollars is enough because thats where all that is headed. 😉

On a serious note Diapers and wipes, a few sheets of 1/4” steel to make implements for the tractor 🚜 and Chicken feed 🐓 
Psalms 127:3-5

Gunner

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 01:29:54 AM »
Im going to side with SS-Preppers....   theres no FREE lunch.... Uncle Sam giveth, and then he taxeth….  We may get money this year, but what will it do to NEXT years taxes?  Does the words earned income right a bell?
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

ProGeek

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 05:16:09 PM »
I'm looking at a 1500 gallon water tank. Pay taxes on that cash, yuck. My adult kids won't get one because they are still dependents.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal