Author Topic: Bag Review; Are you looking for an inexpensive well made GHB, EDC or BOB?  (Read 1479 times)

BennyMG1

I absolutely love my Sandpiper of California packs. I have used my three day pass bag as my EDC for a number of years, but recently decided I wanted something a little larger. I have an SOC Bugout Bag, but it was a bit big. SOC doesn’t make anything in between, so I started looking elsewhere. I found what I thought was the perfect bag in the Maxpidition Gyrfalcon, but the $180 price tag immediately turned me off. I started looking for a well made, less expensive backpack that met fairly rugged standards.

What I eventually settled on was the Roaring Fire Tactical Backpack. It’s advertised as a 45 liter pack and I’d say it’s pretty darned close. The material is 900 Denier as compared to the 600 D fabric of my SOC. (Mil spec SOC bags are 1000 D). It has more Molle attachment points than my SOC. However, the molle stitching is not exactly mil spec so some add ons might fit a bit tight. The zippers are not YKK but seem to be exactly the same as my SOC. The overall stitching is good as I haven’t noticed any loose end threads.

This is my EDC and get home bag. I loaded it with everything from my previous bag and had so much room to add the additional items I’d planned on adding. (And still had room left over). My EDC is 29 pounds loaded without water. It wears very comfortably. I do not use the chest strap or the waist strap, but I did notice the waist strap is not as wide as the one on my SOC.

The best thing about this bag is the price. I got mine off Amazon for $38.99 prime. I wanted to use it for a bit to see how it held up under full load. I’ve been dragging it around for about 45 days and have had zero issues whatsoever. I really feel like this is going to be a good alternative to the more expensive packs.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:41:56 AM by BennyMG1 »
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

BennyMG1

The small bag on the front doesn’t come with it. That is my IFAK that I opted to mount on the outside of my EDC for easy access.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

ProGeek

I would not want to hike 20+ miles with that on my back.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal