Author Topic: SEPN Summer Get together  (Read 4420 times)

Starlady

Re: SEPN Summer Get together
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »
So, I count 12?

Me, Lilburner, Farside, Florida44 & Chief, tlwagg & 2, Abigayle & Thor, RWS & wife.

Elandil and 8GB as possibles.

I need to know how many eggs to make, lol.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:18:04 AM by Starlady »
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »
I always get left out.  Starlady add 2 for RWS & wife.  We will bring that 4th of July dip I put the link to earlier and a blueberry delight.  I also want to set up a tonic water tasting station with various flavors of fruit juice.

Starlady

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 09:17:24 AM »
I'm sorry!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
I'm sorry!
No problem.  I plan to come whether or not my name is on the list.  I need to get rid of some blueberries and don't want to miss a seed exchange.

Abigayle

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »
I forgot to ask if we are going to use social distance?  Thor and I are still being very careful.  We still want to be able to visit... Thoughts everyone????
Ariel

Starlady

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 01:47:53 PM »
I hope we are, I'll have a mask off and on depending on what we're doing and will pass on the hugs this time around.

Handshakes/holds are fine, we can sanitize, lol!

tlwagg

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
There may me 4 of us coming! My son needs to see if he has the time.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

florida44

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 07:35:46 PM »
We are not sure we will make it. I have my 2 little cousins visiting me from Warner Robins this week and we need to take them home on Saturday. If we can get out early enough we might make it just not sure as there was a ton of construction traffic down that way last week, it took us 4 hours to make a 2 hour trip.

Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

8greenbeans

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 10:12:23 PM »
Will definitely be in VA.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 11:45:09 AM »
You will be missed, safe travels.... all you Beans...
I think I am bringing a yellow squash, stuffing, bacon, sour cream casserole.  Will it be inside the room we had for the Christmas party?

Lilburner

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
I'll be bringing drinks as always, but bottled drinks due to anticipated light turnout and less communal handling.

There was some talk of providing individual condiment packets, but it proved to be unfeasible. Hand sanitizer at the end of the food line looks to be the better bet.

Can anyone share a "pump" style sanitizer? I'm happy to share mine, but it's unwieldy in "liquor" bottles and too liquid so you wind up pouring it all over everywhere.

I understand one member is bringing me some Clorox/Lysol wipes that I've been in short supply of, and I'm happy to share.

Any other safety concerns we should address?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »
Hubby just had tooth extracted and tomorrow he will have the implant so he's a maybe.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »
I've made a bunch of hand sanitizer, I can bring a 16 oz pump bottle of it.  It's almost 70% alcohol, so it'll work.

Abigayle

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »
This will be our first outing in a very long time and we are really looking forward to it, even though we will have to be social distancing.  No choice in the matter.  Sorry it will be a very small group, but happy to re-connect with those who are going..Had we known, at the Christmas party, that this would be happening into July, we could have stayed longer, like partied into the night.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 06:54:14 PM »
The wife & I are planning to come.  We plan to stop and see Ravenwood1950 and drop off a sweet shrub, then visit Magical Stitches but still plan to be there early.  Early to set up an appetizer table and Tonic Water tasting station.  We will also have a table set up with a door prize.  Does it sound like we want to unload some blueberries??

Appetizer is https://www.kroger.com/r/4th-of-july-taco-dip-recipe/5ae235b684aeb69277893a99

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal