Author Topic: Tumeric  (Read 2346 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Tumeric
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 07:02:05 AM »
Abigayle has a nice pot of tumeric.  She just did not know what it was.  If she moves it is already potted and ready to travel.  I picked up her rototiller yesterday.  It was too heavy to lift up and put into my truck.  But I am a prepper.  I had a chain, comealong and strap.  There was an I beam across the garage ceiling.  I just put the chain over the I-beam, hung the comealong and lifted the tiller up.  Then it was just a matter of backing under it and lower it onto the truck bed. 
At home I have an I-beam trolly & hoist jn my shop.  I designed the shop to be able to lift heave objects.  The heaviest I have handled was a 3500 lb battery.  It was all my 2 ton hoist wanted...
While at Abigayle's I got a tour of her gardens.  She gave me some Jimmy Nardello peppers.  When I got home, the wife wanted to know what to do with them.  I think I will take them to Preppercamp stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.  Then I can grill them when I have the charcoal grill going.

Abigayle

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »
R.W.S., I should have sent the jalapeņos for those that like them.  They are still going strong.  Hope you have a good place to put the long term dog food for the auction.  It will store up to fifteen years and we have not had it long.  We bought it for our 13 year old Doberman, who went over the rainbow bridge one month ago. So Sheba is passing it on to another lucky dog.
The numeric sat in the greenhouse so long that I forgot what was in the pot.  Lucky that I had other stuff growing nearby, so it received some watering.  So glad to have it.  Thanks R.W.S. and "the wife".
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »
Abigayle,  I also have jalapenos and picked a basket full a few days ago.  The wife asked what was she supposed to do with them as we don't use many at all.  I told her we would take them to Preppercamp & campout and see if we could get rid of them.  I will probably stuff a few of them also.
I tilled part of the Summer garden under.  You can see it needed a good tilling.  My back got a  cramp in it, so I quit and will try to finish this evening.

Starlady

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
RWS Tell her to make Cowboy Candy - it's a sweet treat and awesome with cream cheese on crackers.  I've been known have a  few for lunch or a snack.  Easy and they can up well.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »
Star Lady, I made it last year, but I did not like the recipe.  It had lots of mustard seed in it.  With all the raves in my canning books, I was disappointed.  I would be willing to try another recipe.
R.W., The Jimmy Nardello are good tossed in oil oil and herbs, thrown on the grill, even a little burnt.  They are very sweet!
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
Star Lady, I made it last year, but I did not like the recipe.  It had lots of mustard seed in it.  With all the raves in my canning books, I was disappointed.  I would be willing to try another recipe.
R.W., The Jimmy Nardello are good tossed in oil oil and herbs, thrown on the grill, even a little burnt.  They are very sweet!
I was planning on cutting the top off, taking the seeds out, stuffing with cream cheese and wrapping in bacon.  Then I can grill them over charcoal ??  The Jimmy Naradello also maybe a couple jalapeno fixed that way.  Campground cooking.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:34:03 PM by RWS »

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Turmeric tea helps the body to burn fat quickly and accelerates metabolism, resulting in safe and fast weight loss, as stated on the website Beauty Epic.

https://www.questionsanswered.net/article/10-benefits-turmeric?ad=dirN&qo=serpIndex&o=740012

Abigayle

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 07:23:03 PM »
RWS, The jalapeņo in bacon with cream cheese are great.  I did some last week in our air fryer. They came out great.  The jalapeņo cowboy candy, without the mustard seed was really good.  I also dried some in small slices.  When I make soup or stew, I can toss in a few for a little heat, without burning our lips off.
We have fed a few of the gardens, put down bedding from the chickens and ducks and covered with plastic to avoid having to till mid season.  We bought some ground cover, but did not plant it this year.  The chickens are enjoying some old carrots and the thinking of the greens.  One more row of greens was planted to share with our fine feathered friends... Still getting Jimmy Nardello peppers, jalapeņos, and picking some bell peppers as well.  It is an unusual year.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal