Author Topic: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA  (Read 8048 times)

Farside

Re: 2020 Annual Fall SEPN Fall Campout - October 09-11 @ Cedar Creek WMA
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
Is anyone going go on Thursday?

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 06:51:50 AM »
I was planning on going up Thursday afternoon but can change plans if that is a problem.....

nj_m715

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
I'm thinking thursday afternoon, maybe early friday

florida44

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
He is looking for someone to commit to being there to meet the porta potty folks. We are still not sure if we can make it so I can not promise as well.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

upacreek

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 02:58:22 PM »
I could work it out, if no one else will be there.  I've met porta potty people before for Scouts - (you from porta potty? - what gave it away? - put them over there, please - thanks)  Not difficult.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

florida44

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 05:42:22 PM »
That is exactly how it goes lol!
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
I generally come on Thursday, but I have court Friday morning (not the defendant).
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

bountyhunter

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 06:29:41 PM »
Dude...thats what lawyers are for. I have sat in too many courtrooms over a 20 year period. I feel ya!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Lilburner

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 06:36:47 PM »
I added the following section to the top post, but pasting it here because a lot of us won't revisit the top post.

Activities: Normally we have classes or other activities planned, but with the current situation to allow people to mingle or not as they see fit, and since we missed a campout, we're just going to concentrate on enjoying each other's company. Be mindful of everyone's individual wishes, be they masks, distancing, avoiding hugs and handshakes, etc. I got chided at Prepper Camp for not initially shaking someone's hand who I'd normally hug anyway. And it wasn't even me not wanting to do it, but not knowing what they wanted to do. It's a bit of a minefield guessing how everyone's reacting on their own level.

There WILL be an auction! Please be as generous as possible in both donations and buying since we missed one this year and it's what funds the forum and all the activities!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 06:38:31 PM »
anyone interested in learning to plug a tire?
I have an old tire, we can punch holes and plug em up

I'm curious. Is it one of the T-handle kits? I carry one, but I've never used one.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 06:58:48 PM »
yeah, I buy the cheap walmart/amazon kits, nothing fancy
walmart comes in a nice little case

Country Singer

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 09:13:59 PM »
There WILL be an auction! Please be as generous as possible in both donations and buying since we missed one this year and it's what funds the forum and all the activities!

I'm likely day-tripping this year, but as an incentive to get people to come, I'll go ahead and reveal what I'm donating to the auction: a backpack suitable for Everyday Carry (EDC) or Get Home Bag (GHB).  It's a New With Tags Vertx Gamut 2.0 in the "Smoke Grey/Mars Red" color scheme.  The red is darker than it appears on the website.

“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Lilburner

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 07:40:27 PM »
Preliminary forecast
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
such perfect weather! It may be the first one we have not made in years and years but not sure yet. Got so much going on and a trip scheduled third week in October - and 2 closings that week. We hate it but still trying to work it out so we will see.
Region 2

upacreek

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 11:52:03 AM »
Are we allowed to bring firewood?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal