Author Topic: Please return my post to where members really CAN see it.  (Read 3711 times)

Abigayle

Re: Please return my post to where members really CAN see it.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »
I am getting the message that it is not available.  I see you posted this an hour ago, but I was outdoors caring for my feathered friends.
Ariel

Lilburner

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 04:42:00 PM »
Try logging out and logging back in
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Also - more people would be good!

We're about to have to pull the plug on some requested board changes if I can't figure this out
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 05:39:54 PM »
Members only area now shows up and I can click on and see posts.

Lilburner

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 05:43:43 PM »

Thanks. If I'm correct, you should have been able to see it all along. I'm trying to hear from people who couldn't.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »

Thanks. If I'm correct, you should have been able to see it all along. I'm trying to hear from people who couldn't.
If I remember right, When it was first set up.  You requested a response for people to have access to the area.  I never responded, so I never thought another thing about not seeing it before...

Lilburner

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 06:21:35 PM »
I've got five people who have said they couldn't see it. Waiting for feedback from them. Anyone who could see it before is {hopefully) unaffected.

There have been some board mods requested, approved and planned. can't make them til this is sorted out.

~ Daniel Webster

elandil

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »
I can see it now, but too little too late.

Bye
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

florida44

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 10:34:12 PM »
Wow! That seems an excessive reaction to a site that cost us all nothing and causes Lilburner a fair amount of work and he does it for us just because he is a stand up guy. Perhaps we need to settle down a little and honestly if anyone thinks what is discussed here is truly private well............ anyway
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

RevJammer

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 11:33:46 PM »
i logged out and logged back in...  I can see it now...

Thanks LB...

RJ

ChristianJ

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2020, 07:31:06 AM »
I guess I missed the drama (I always miss the drama  ???) and don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. LOL.
Christian pastor & theologian

nj_m715

Abigayle

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »
Finally, yesterday evening when I got in from evening chores, I had a chance to try Lilburner's suggestion of signing out and then signing back in.  Now, for the first time, I am aware of the member's only board.  I will have a lot of catching up to do, as time allows.  Thanks!
Ariel

Lilburner

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
Florida44, thank you for the sentiment. ChristianJ, don't feel bad. Pretty sure we all missed at least some of it.

To the important part - thanks to those who replied. I've heard from four of the five people said to be affected. I'm confident I got it working properly now.

Which brings us to a requested change to the Forum now that the code is working. More detailed announcement coming, but the "Roll Call" board is now limited to "New Bugout Bag" and above - people who've gotten their first bean by making five posts. It's now listed under "Members Area" rather than "Other Topics". This should be an invisible change to any regular members who reads the board via the front page or the last seen feature.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems or unexpected behavior.
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2020, 06:50:42 AM »
Thanks for pointing out we should see from the show new post side as that is how I have read the site for 9 years and never paid attention to private forums before.

I will say a previous administrator intimated that they could indeed read private messages - perhaps it was a different platform in those days and perhaps they lied as well. Who cares anyway now just glad to have clarification that pm is private so thanks for that.

Your the boss!  8)
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal