Author Topic: CISA WARNING  (Read 1309 times)

Abigayle

CISA WARNING
« on: December 17, 2020, 06:13:33 PM »
Serious attempted attacks on several major systems. They don't know how deep it is.  Basically, they are saying "they don't know what they don't know.  Sounds like it is widespread, sophisticated and taken on with a great deal of patience.  We have had so many warnings.  All of this with 50 states having record Covid, hospitalizations and deaths.  What a Christmas.
Ariel

tlwagg

Re: CISA WARNING
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
Abigayle there are always cyber attacks going on. You just don't hear about most of them.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »
What tlwagg said. It's constant.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »
I understand that there are thousands of these daily and have been for a very long time.  These seem to be taking a more serious tone.  Ben Carson pegged it right when he said it was the most serious threat to America's antiquated grid, among other systems.  Now that the alarm has sounded in the right ears, that missed it this time around, they are taking a harder look and don't like what they see.
Of course, the media is sensationalizing everything.  That is not news.  But what are the real current facts?  I don't think they have a handle on it yet.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 02:08:03 PM »
I mentioned it to my hubby and he hadn't heard about it. He's in IT so he usually hears it before it makes it to the news.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

8greenbeans

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 03:31:40 PM »
What truly needs to be looked at is: what are "they"  either distracting us from or what are they going to try to implement? Seriously, the attacks mentioned in all articles are not new and not worse than all previous hacks. I worked in IT in the Marines as my primary MOS and Intelligence as my secondary. This was run of the mill every day stuff. We are hacking just hard and furious as the other sides.
Now, am I trying to say there shouldn't be concern? Nope, not at all. This (& the power grid) has been a concern & ongoing situation since before I went in the Corps in '97. They just pick & choose when to let loose certain info in the media. Personally I think it could be "the cover story" for "the gr--eat re--set" or to get us numb to hearing about it so we aren't taking precautions as best we can when nothing ever happens. If that makes sense.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »
 General Flynn is saying it's serious and President Trump just recalled Crepp has been recalled, after being fired.  Our President is not one to eat crow.  This might tell us that this is serious.  Bits and pieces make it sound that they are peeling and onion and tears are starting to come.
Really, I am not looking for something else to worry about and hope those of you that think it is just business as usual with the usual bad actors are right.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal