Author Topic: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park  (Read 4455 times)

Lilburner

2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park
« on: November 24, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
What:
2019 SEPN Christmas Party

When:
December 12 2020
Lunch @ 1PM
Setup/Fellowship at 11AM

Where:
Panola Mountain State Park
2620 Highway 155 SW
Stockbridge, GA 30281

GPS Coordinates
N 33.623400 | W -084.172800

We're getting an outdoor pavillion - details on what pavilion number and a map coming soon.

Food:
SEPN will be providing a ham, fried chicken, plates and flatware. If members could, bring a dish to pass, or a dessert.

More to come - this post will be updated and new info in the thread. Kind of under the gun, but had to get a post up since we've had so many setbacks!

UPDATES

Were in pavillion #4 - looks like first one on the right as you go in.

There is a $5 parking fee. Easiest to have a 5 on you.

There is no electricity or running water.

I'll be bringing a 1750/2000 inverter generator. Should un say a crock port and microwave.

I'll bring a butane stove. Single burner.

I'll have a small propane bullet heater.

I have some tarps, but my big thing of tarps is nowhere to be found. If it's windy we can hang tarps for a windbreak.

I generally bring the drinks, but I'm packing quite a bit more than normal. If someone wants to claim drinks, they can, but claim it on here or I'll make do.

Reports so far are mid 60's to 70, possibly with rain. Looks like it will work out for us!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:09:47 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:58:03 PM »
I would like to know if there is a working 120Vac outlet at the shelter.  The wife wants to bring a mashed potato casserole.  I will bring a microwave oven.  If not working outlet, then I will have to drive the camper and use the generator.

The wife just nixed driving the camper.  She said we can bring a broccoli salad and a couple of pies.  Blueberry/peach and blueberry/cherry.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:48:26 PM by RWS »

Farside

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »
We're in picnic area #4. You'll see the sign on the right side of the road. There no power and the water is already turn off for the winter.

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »
I'll be there. Might even have some new prepper beans with me.
PS I'll post what I'm bringing food wise once I figure it out!

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
There was going to be three of us.  My oldest son just bought a house just down the road from The State Park.  When he came home today for Thanksgiving I invited him to attend our Christmas Party.  He declined.  He said he already had an invite - - from someone else in the group.  I wonder who that could be??  Of course It was easy to guess.  So now I don't know if I should count him as my guest or the other person's guest.........

Happy Thanksgiving and see U at the Christmas Party..

florida44

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 05:40:55 PM »
RWS - LOL Definitely he will be your guest. I just jumped the gun.  He is literally like 5 minutes away so I could not resist inviting him along. We are buds now I think :)

Will that be your first time to go see the house?
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:11:19 PM »
RWS - LOL Definitely he will be your guest. I just jumped the gun.  He is literally like 5 minutes away so I could not resist inviting him along. We are buds now I think :)

Will that be your first time to go see the house?
I really had not planned to go see it (the house).  However there will be time, so we may do that.  I told him to bring a gift for the exchange.

He asked if there was electricity and I said no.  He said he will bring a camp stove & his food in a suitable pot to keep hot on the stove.  I also have a table top propane burner I can bring.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 02:44:33 PM by RWS »

Lilburner

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 10:45:04 AM »
I can bring my camping generator 1750/2000 - not much noise. Probably run two crock pots or crock pot and microwave. I can bring a small microwave missing its turntable, too.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Searchboss

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
I will bring a 5 gal. jug of potable water to use for cleanup, etc. I can also bring a generator similar to the one Lilburner is bringing if additional power is needed, but that will mean driving the truck instead of the car.  :( I can also bring a 2 burner camping stove if it is needed. I will coordinate with Lilburner &/or Farside to see what is needed the week before the party.

Farside

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 03:01:09 PM »
I'm not going to be able to make it.  >:(The Boss didn't want me going, but as it turn out. I've shut down the business and be a shut in for 14 days or until his tests come back. Just to be clear, I'm NOT sick. The guy that works with me is. So far I'm Fine.

Searchboss

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »
Farside, sorry you won't be there. We will miss seeing you. I'm glad you are not sick, and hoping that it will stay that way. We wish you the best.

ProGeek

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 11:20:49 PM »
So what dishes are people bringing so I don't duplicate?
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 05:50:23 AM »
We will be bringing a blueberry/cherry pie, a blueberry/peach pie and a broccoli salad.  I will bring a table top propane burner that can be used to reheat food that is in a container suitable for reheating.
My son said he was going to bring blackeye peas in a pot and a stove.  He does a lot of hiking and has all the gear.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 06:39:26 AM »
From my 10 day weather forecast.  Saturday Doesn't sound too bad. 48 over night 70 daytime, cloudy 20% chance of rain.

ProGeek

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 11:24:27 AM »
Do we have a pavilion number?
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal