Author Topic: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park  (Read 4470 times)

Lilburner

Re: 2020 SEPN Christmas Party - Dec. 12 - Panola Mtn State Park
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 07:10:49 PM »
I've added the following to the top topic

UPDATES

Were in pavillion #4 - looks like first one on the right as you go in.

There is a $5 parking fee. Easiest to have a 5 on you.

There is no electricity or running water.

I'll be bringing a 1750/2000 inverter generator. Should un say a crock port and microwave.

I'll bring a butane stove. Single burner.

I'll have a small propane bullet heater.

I have some tarps, but my big thing of tarps is nowhere to be found. If it's windy we can hang tarps for a windbreak.

I generally bring the drinks, but I'm packing quite a bit more than normal. If someone wants to claim drinks, they can, but claim it on here or I'll make do.

Reports so far are mid 60's to 70, possibly with rain. Looks like it will work out for us!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
OK,  Besides the food listed in an earlier post,  We will bring a table top propane single burner, a tea kettle and coffee pot.  We will bring some (sugar free) Russian tea and a pot to heat it up in.  We will bring our orange 5 gal water cooler full of well water.   We will bring a few hot cups and coffee bags.

ProGeek

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 11:17:53 AM »
I'll bring 2 gallons of sweet tea and my grandma's broccoli casserole. 
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
Quick question. Does anybody live near a honey-baked ham Or have one right in their way in going to the party?

All of my location choices are... Unfortunate.

The ham will be bought and paid for. The store I called said you just run right in and run right out.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »
I am looking at two pies that will be history tomorrow afternoon.  One a blueberry/cherry pie and the other a blueberry/peach pie.  We have a piece jar of peach juice left over from the home canned peaches used in the pie.  I am thinking hard about bringing the peach juice and a bottle of tonic water along.  Mixed 50/50 it is pretty good.
I got the water cooler filled and ready to go.  I also got out 2 water bricks I bought several years ago and have never used.  Something was rattling in them and I fished out carrying handles.  A company in Atlanta had them on sale a couple years ago & I ordered 10.  Guess what they double shipped so now I have 20.  It looks like a good time to put a couple in service.  Stackable 2-1/2 gal water bricks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:25:17 AM by RWS »

upacreek

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2020, 10:16:03 AM »
I’m sorry that I’ll miss it this year. I got a last-minute invitation to the Smokies. Have fun!!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

ProGeek

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
Does anybody live near a honey-baked ham Or have one right in their way in going to the party?

Sorry, none are on my way. The closest store is about 30 minutes East of me in the wrong direction.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Lilburner

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2020, 04:41:44 PM »
I got the ham taken care of. Stone Mountain, oddly, was the shortest side trip.

I wanted to spend the whole card that Farside gave me. So I put in a little extra and got sliced turkey breast as well.
~ Daniel Webster

8greenbeans

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2020, 05:20:45 PM »
I'll bring sweet potato souffle & deviled eggs ... I don't think I saw them listed anywhere. I'll look thru the list again to make sure cause I'm bad at skimming.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2020, 05:39:20 PM »
Here's what I have.

On board:
Generator w/2 cords
Butane stove w/fuel
Bullet heater w/fuel
Tarps

Plates
Plasticware
Cups
Tongs
Knife
Napkins

Foil, gallon bags, leftover containers

Misc bread
Mayo
Mustard
Salt/pepper
Pecan pie w/server

To get:
Sliced ham
Sliced turkey breast
Fried chicken

Am I forgetting anything I said I was going to bring?

Has anyone claimed ice?

Hopefully we won't need the weather stuff. I'm pretty robust, but I'm wearing shorts. Worst case my vet will get a full tank of fuel.

ETA: Also the Christmas tree, drawing tickets and a gift. I've got a lot going on, so not planning on decorating - tablecloths and such. If anyone wants to, that would be great.

I'm picturing no gift stealing, so unwrapped gifts, but I'm flexible.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:00:30 PM by Lilburner »
~ Daniel Webster

florida44

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2020, 08:36:06 PM »
Sounds like you have it covered. Which is good as I am sorry but I was not able to get to my camper to get the camp chef to bring. I will bring the little tent buddy heater but not sure I have any of the little green tanks here. Maybe I can hit a Walmart on the way. If someone has an extra green tank I would pay for it if you bring me one. :)

I am bringing a snack tray that will not need to be heated.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

ProGeek

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2020, 10:44:06 PM »
I'll get a bag of ice.

Rockhopper

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 07:56:09 AM »
I will bring some lemonade and water for a hand washing station since there is no running water along with soap and paper towels for the station.

Abigayle

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »
Wishing I was there!  The weather held up and I can smell the campfire from here.  Enjoy!!!

8greenbeans

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2020, 04:44:05 PM »
It sure was good to be around everyone again - new & old to me alike. Missed everyone who couldn't make it. Whoever brought the socks as a present - thank you! I'm definitely going to be getting more of these in the near future.
Good food, good company, good weather ~ it's all we could ask for!

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal