Author Topic: American Power Grid  (Read 4457 times)

Abigayle

Re: American Power Grid
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 09:39:40 AM »
Have to wonder if this will be the trigger for others in a cell, to act.  One small area out, and they won't have power until Thurs.  Will this put other areas on alert, or will they just sit on their thumbs, in normalcy bias  mode....can't happen here. ? The area on  the left is not that far from Atlanta, where they can't stop slow down street shooting or teenage thugs...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 02:26:13 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

BennyMG1

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 10:04:52 AM »
And this wasn’t some elaborate bomb. These large transformers were taken out with gunshots. Probably a rifle shot. Imagine the damage that could be done with multiple cells taking out multiple transfer stations with a high powered rifle from afar. This is scary stuff.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Surveyor1

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 10:09:15 AM »
This has been done in the past at different locations.  They didn’t say in this article but in the others they were shot with AK47’s and the telling sign that it was coordinated was the fact they picked up their shell casings.🤔😳
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 10:12:05 AM »
And this wasn’t some elaborate bomb. These large transformers were taken out with gunshots. Probably a rifle shot. Imagine the damage that could be done with multiple cells taking out multiple transfer stations with a high powered rifle from afar. This is scary stuff.

You are right BennyMG1, if they hit enough stations at the same time they could cause a cascading effect that could theoretically blow the whole grid.  Well except for Texas, they are not interconnected to the main grid.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

Abigayle

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »
My friend who was a pilot with United for many years, used to talk about the distance from with a small rocket, carried onto an empty, unsupervised field, could hit a plane coming in or taking off.  The transformers are stationary targets.  We get them from China.  Years ago, while living in the country of Panama, our community lost all of ours, I forget how many, at one time.  It took months to get new ones.  This was in good times.  We put in a solar system, which took about a month, as we had to get in line.
Apple just announced they are preparing to pull out of China (about time).  I am sure China will be rushing transformers to the U.S. shortly, right after they put down the protests and ship to almost anywhere us but us...
Ariel

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2022, 12:18:42 PM »
A country that doesn't manufacture its' own needs for critical infrastructure is led by idiots. Just my humble opinion.
Ravenwood
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:12:07 PM by Ravenwood1950 »

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2022, 03:47:02 PM »
It is all my fault !
No Motive Known in Attack on NC City's Power Grid, But NBC Hypes Possibility Conservatives to Blame

“This is a significant local outage that is affecting nearly all customers in Moore County, and customers should be prepared for an extended outage that could last beyond today, and as long as Thursday for many customers,” Duke Energy said in a statement, noting that 45,000 customers are without power.  

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/12/05/attack-on-critical-infrastructure-leaves-tens-of-thousands-without-power-in-north-carolina-n2616732

Abigayle

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 07:45:29 PM »
Sometimes, I hate to be right...take that both ways.  After seeing this on the morning news, I turned to Thor and said "Somehow, this will be blames on those right wing extremists".  Since we are already labeled as terrorists, this is not that long of stretch.  The left can just throw things out there like Maudi Grau, and are never held accountable for the sewage that spews from their tainted, ugly mouths... So sick of it! Did anyone mention that this could be the result of an open border, with thousands of "got-aways"?  Of course not.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2022, 03:43:47 PM »
I just knew it was all my fault !

https://rumble.com/v1z7ex4-whos-funding-the-move-to-crush-the-biden-crime-family-story-ep.-1908-the-da.html

Watch the whole clip.  The funny part is near the end "The Royal Family"

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »
This thing is catching on
FBI Reportedly Investigating at Least Five Electricity Substation Attacks in Washington and Oregon Similar in North Carolina
In light of recent assaults on power substations in the South and on the West Coast, authorities are looking into an increasing number of reported threats to power infrastructure.

The Gateway Pundit previously reported that a massive power outage in North Carolina was caused by two substations being damaged by gunfire last week, according to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/fbi-reportedly-investigating-least-five-electricity-substation-attacks-washington-oregon-similar-north-carolina/

Abigayle

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2022, 08:58:25 PM »
According to some reports that came out months ago, some small sub-stations that have been hit did not want to report it.  They felt the Federal Government would force the small, privately owned facilities to make improvements to better protect the systems, that they could ill afford to make.
Odd, that we didn't hear much about the other attacks....or is it?  If people worry, they might prepare...then what?  More supply chain shortages and a bunch of people asking questions for a change.
Ariel

Rockhopper

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2022, 10:20:46 PM »
I remember the attack on the substation near San Jose, CA back in 2014. There was a really good Wall Street Journal article some time afterward about that attack which noted the equipment shot out was made overseas and took a year or so to get. The article went on to point out that there are an estimated 8 or so critical substations that if all taken out would kill the power in the whole country.

Our power grid has long been a concern of mine. Though we can live without power, it sure is handy to have. I've been looking at these solar generators on sale which contain a lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4) which store 3600 watts and are expandable. The battery, though heavier than NMH lithium battery, provides many more charge cycles than the latter. This one essentially comes with a free 160 watt foldable solar panel. Pretty cool panel which is supposed to be waterproof. This particular one tips the scale at 106 lbs but has roller wheels on the back end and a telescoping handle like a piece of luggage.
https://www.earthtechproducts.com/ecoflow-delta-pro-160w-special-bundle.html
Fixed solar panels can be used like these also on sale 2 x100 panels, though you would need connectors and wire to run them in series. https://www.earthtechproducts.com/ecoflow-2x100w-rigid-solar-panel.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 08:16:59 AM by Rockhopper »

Abigayle

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »
Rockhopper, When that article was written there was a big buzz running through the talking heads.  All they cared about was who wrote it.  There was very little talk regarding how to solve it....Now, here we are.  Dr. Ben Carson was the only politician that stated this was the biggest concern at hand, when we ran for president.  I bet he has a pretty good setup at his place.  Hey, Dr. Carson, if you are lurking here, I love you man!
Ariel

Rockhopper

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2022, 10:41:43 PM »
Yeah Abigayle, I think any of the leaders other than Dr Carson who care are also affected by normalcy bias. I'm careful to differentiate between the leaders who may care and the vast majority that don't care. In fact, some of the one's who don't care may actually be trying to harm the US; there's an unrecognised treason that's going on.

The nice thing about the solar generators is that they are portable. I guess it's nice to have these big solar arrays and Tesla power walls, but if you have to relocate then it's very hard to take it with you. Mostly, I think I can get by without power, but it makes life a lot easier and productive. If I had to relocate then there's a good chance I can bring power with me. One thing power is mandatory for though is medical for when a person needs to be treated. I have plans for this.

Also, I hope people are thinking of other ways to generate power such as hydroelectric and wind. Both are quite important if reliable sources are at hand. In a worst case scenario such as a darkening of the sky as in a giant caldera event, or if it just decides to rain for 2 weeks straight, then giant solar arrays will be of no use. We wouldn't even be able to charge AAA batteries for a headlamp. People say well that's what a generator's for. Well if you've used up all your fuel then you will again be SOL.
Here's a device that may be worth considering for small charges:
https://shop.waterlilyturbine.com
I knew an obese prepper once who claimed you couldn't make your own water generator using an alternator and said the head pressure wouldn't be high enough. Personally I think he was just to lazy to try, and opted for a giant solar array which certainly has its place but also limitations as mentioned. If there's one thing I really hate is someone who tells others they can't do something especially when it's already been done. He's yet to explain this hillbilly who figured out how to generate his own power, and I doubt this guy even tried to calculate his head pressure on his little creek. Now, he's not going to generate enough for a normal size house as we know it with central air, etc, but remember the hydroelectric generates 24/7 whereas solar is 8 hours or so. I would much rather have this guy on my team than the obese prepper who only put his energy into pontificating on why something couldn't be done. Sorry for the rant; here's the video:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal