Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself (by Lilburner)  (Read 2119 times)

Lilburner

Allow me to introduce myself (by Lilburner)
« on: February 18, 2021, 02:22:44 PM »
Hi all.

Kind of the prodigal son, here. Been mostly away for a while.

As most of the regulars know, I did a stint in ICU shortly after the Christmas party. Not as serious as it sounds, thank goodness. More of a pesky situation that requires some management until we get it resolved permanently.

Although I wasn't particularly hounded by doctors, I took it upon myself to undertake some massive lifestyle changes. I'd fallen back into smoking in the last year or so (I swear to God, NEGA is the smokingest place on earth). So I cut that in addition to coffee, red meat, dairy, fried foods, and white bread. Most of the latter ones are temporary/transitional to force me to put more thought and effort into my diet after having falling into a rut.

I'd forgotten how much I Iove cooking! It was always a defining characteristic for me, and it met with some acclaim. But since I mostly haven't had a partner the last few years and don't cater for my parents anymore, I'd largely fallen out of it. It took a fair amount of effort to dust off (and find!) equipment, learn new techniques, reconnect with my online and TV mentors, relearn shopping and meal planning, etc. But it's starting to become second nature again to me now.

I also dusted off my rental house rehab I'd shuttered during covid (yes I know there's still covid, but at some points you have to get on with important aspects of your life). That's been a lot of work and attention but coming along nicely and even have potential tenants.

Then, in addition to all that, I've had an epiphany on how I want to live the rest of my life. Without saying too much, it involves the word "compound". So now there is emptying a house, selling a house, modifying a house and getting a new house all in the mix. It's exhausting to even think about.

As for the forum, I haven't been completely absent, but had to direct my attention behind the scenes. Someone reported a problem with the "likes" system. I've got all my available online forum time into repairing that. At the end of the day, though, someone else's code broke, and I don't have the wherewithal to reinvent the wheel. I've reached out to the developer so 1) they might help, 2) I'll have to uninstall it, or 3) I might be able to find a different module. In any case, it won't be "soon" by some peoples standards.

And that whole situation is exacerbated in that I now live full time away from my computer. I've bought a new one and haven't even been able to set it up! And that's probably been two months ago.

So hopefully as my lifestyle changes and rental project start to stabilize, I'll have a bit more free time at least until the full time house juggling is in full swing!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:31:58 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

Re: Allow me to introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »
didnt know you werent well
glad youre doing better

Ravenwood1950

Re: Allow me to introduce myself (by Lilburner)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 06:34:06 PM »
Thanks for the update on how things are going for you! I have been concerned.
Ravenwood

florida44

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »
Thanks for the update. You are the glue that holds it all together so keep us in the loop. We heart you Lilburner!  :)
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

John Galt 1

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 10:30:42 PM »
Lordy Lilburner,      Sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time.     I haven't been on the site for a while myself but if you need any help you know how to contact me.     
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 05:32:30 PM »
Good to know you are doing better!  A compound is good protection, if you know those included very well and like togetherness.  It is almost impossible to protect yourself on your own, 24/7.  It takes a village...No, I am not quoting H.C.
Ariel

8greenbeans

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 07:21:26 PM »
I'm very excited for you!!

USMC Veteran, LEO Mama
Navy MIL, USAF Vet Mama
Army Daughter
8 Beans
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
3 Beans-in-law, 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

upacreek

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 09:15:52 PM »
Welcome back and glad to hear you're doing better.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Rockhopper

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 10:54:13 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles Lilburner. I'm just glad you could get the medical attention you needed while our health care system is still up and running. Glad you're doing good now! I need to post some information, which could be helpful to some, when I get a chance about statins which help a lot of people after such events.

ProGeek

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »
Glad your are still kicking.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal