Author Topic: Doomsday Preppers  (Read 1073 times)

tlwagg

Doomsday Preppers
« on: February 23, 2021, 05:58:14 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the show that started Doomsday Preppers. It had some good stuff on CME's.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Lilburner

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: Doomsday Preppers
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 08:49:22 AM »
Looks like you can watch the entire series for free here.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/doomsday-preppers
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

cope

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
yeah even though I made fun of that show and it became a joke it was still entertaining. more on what not to do than what to do.

tlwagg

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 01:43:12 PM »
Thanks Lilburner but I'm looking for the show that started the series. It had a segment about One Second After, the town of Blackrock shut the power off for a day to run a drill. There was one part about a family in Arizona and one other I can't remember. It came out a year or two before the series. It's disappeared from youtube, I also noticed American Blackout is gone too.  That one I found on another site.

florida44

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 05:13:22 PM »
I might be wrong but I thought Practical Prepper/Scott Hunt was the original one and went on the be the judge or something.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:53:47 AM »
Found the unnumbered pilot with Scott and Southern Prepper that predates the official series.

~ Daniel Webster

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 02:32:59 PM »
Twagg, Are you meaning the town of Black Mountain? When the author wrote the book?  Maybe if you search that way, instead of Black Rock, it may help, not sure.
Wow, Lilburner, watching this makes me feel sooo unprepared, referring esp. to the last guy!  Thanks for sharing this!
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 12:17:51 PM »
Lulbruner that's not the one but thanks. It was even before that one, it was a one time thing that was a huge hit.

Abigayle, I've tried searching that way and still haven't found it. I think they took it down. the way they did American Blackout. The good news is that I found American Blackout on another site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal