Author Topic: 2021 SEPN Annual Spring Campout April 30-May 2 @ Cedar Creek  (Read 4400 times)

BennyMG1

Re: 2021 SEPN Annual Spring Campout April 30-May 2 @ Cedar Creek
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »
Getting there Thursday morning after all. I’ll be able to do porta potty placement duty.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
Ramps & Rhubarb
I just got home from a road trip to NC.  We camped out 3 nights and woke up this morning to 31 DegF.  April is Ramp month in the mountains and when I talked to a friend of mine up there he said the ramps were prime this week.  I got directions and the wife & I went to hiking.  Ramps like elevation and you can find them on the North side of a creek bank or the side of a mountain.  We found them easily after about a 30 minute hike.  I picked ramps till my fingers were sore and I had to stop.  The whole side of the mountain is covered in ramps!
While at my friends house in NC of course we visited his garden.  This time we got a picking of rhubarb.  He has 3 kinds of rhubarb planted in a row on the side of his garden.  One, his "Apple Rhubarb"  was trying to bloom.  He pulled those stems off and threw them away. ?? 
When we got home we had to pick the strawberries that had ripened while we were away.  I suggested to the wife that she send me off to Spring campout with a strawberry/rhubarb pie.   She said OK if the rhubarb is still good by then.  She has no experience with rhubarb as it will not grow in South Ga.
PS:  I was told I could dig up a few ramps and transplant them at my BOL.  Now that's a thought.

Lilburner

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 05:38:08 PM »
Finally got the header updated and the main post filled in - probably too late to pick up any newcomers, but the regulars all know "same place, same time".

Apologies on the tardiness. It's literally the first time in months I've sat down at my home computer with internet. Fortunately that's one of the things in the process of resolving all at once after a harrowing time. I even scraped together the better part of a half hour to get some plants in the ground - I was afraid I wouldn't. So things are looking up. Can't wait to see y'all!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 05:46:22 PM »
I'll have the stuff to set up the auction - folding tables, etc. I'll need help in terms of getting the tables in and out of the truck and set up and broken down. It just absolutely sucks being a giant man who can't do anything, even temporarily. I accidentally picked up a big bag of potting soil today before I realized I wasn't supposed to. Fortunately I didn't bleed out. But I have to really stay cognizant until my veins heal. I's harder than it sounds!

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Rockhopper

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 09:24:58 AM »
Lilburner, I think I can bring tables and set up for the auction on Saturday if that helps? I won't be able to arrive until after work on Friday at the earliest though, or maybe Saturday morning, but in plenty of time for the auction. So don't stress. How many tables do you generally bring? I'm looking at inviting some others to. Will see.

nj_m715

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
i think i have 2 or 3 tables or i can up this week and help you load the truck

Lilburner

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 11:36:41 AM »
Really, it's fine. I've got the tables, the tablecloths, a tarp that fits over them nicely. I've got people to help me load and unload here.

I just wanted to give a heads up because it seems completely unnatural to have to ask for help with such a small task.
~ Daniel Webster

Country Singer

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 03:16:03 PM »
A little fishy has told me that there will be fried catfish, french fries, and hushpuppies for lunch on Saturday (While supplies last.  Offer not valid in states not named Georgia.)
“Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place.
If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.”

Rockhopper

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »
F'ing A I put a like on the FRIED CATFISH!

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 06:00:23 AM »
The wife says that the ramps are still looking good in the fridge.  I will try to bring a few to share for ramps & eggs for breakfast or ramps & steak for supper.

nj_m715

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 01:27:09 PM »
looks like we might have decent weather
I'll be loading most of my crap in the truck today

Lilburner

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 01:32:20 PM »
Looking forward to that fish! I haven't had fried food since at least December 17th.

Not to take anything away from the ones actually doing it, but the food is SEPN subsidized, so there should be plenty if we know you're coming!
~ Daniel Webster

nj_m715

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 03:22:43 PM »
I talked the wife into making a couple boxes of brownies

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 06:56:30 PM »
I talked the wife into making a couple boxes of brownies
Brownies and a strawberry/rhubarb pie is worth coming for.

upacreek

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
Would anybody like a fire? I have plenty of firewood I can bring. Also, is anybody planning on shooting? I keep hearing about a firing range, but I’ve never seen it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal