Author Topic: 2021 SEPN Annual Spring Campout April 30-May 2 @ Cedar Creek  (Read 4408 times)

Lilburner

2021 SEPN Annual Spring Campout April 30-May 2 @ Cedar Creek
« on: March 16, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
Mark your calendars.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

The 2021 Annual Spring Campout - April 30-May 2 at Cedar Creek WMA. If you wish to arrive on Thursday the 8th, you'll have plenty of company for the extra day. If you can't can't camp with us, come down for the day. Most planned activities will be concentrated on Saturday.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Checking Station Road. If Googling, google Cedar Creek Check Station or you might get directions to the range which is a different road off 212.

Specifically, here: https://goo.gl/maps/jKXeHv1JbKm The campground is on the opposite side of the gravel road from the Checking Station on the map, and just a hair BEFORE it. The path into the woods is subtle and some would say hard to see, but accommodates the largest of RVs. If you drive fully up TO the Checking Station, you've gone too far. HOPEFULLY there will be a yellow banner out by Thursday afternoon marking the turn.

Start picking out your auction item donations! The Saturday evening donation auction is a highlight of the event and our only source of income, and everything goes back in to SEPN 100%. It pays for the domain and the website. Last year we were able to subsidize the Christmas party for all attendees, and this year there's even more. specifically...

No camping fee: SEPN is picking up the bill for Port-A-Potties this year. No GORP/WMA pass is required at this site

Activities: No classes or formal events planned planned. Hopefullt fall will have us fully back to normal.

There WILL be an auction! Please be as generous as possible in both donations and buying since we missed one this year and it's what funds the forum and all the activities!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:17:26 PM by Lilburner »
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

Re: 2021 SEPN Annual Spring Campout April 30-May 2 @ Cedar Creek
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
(Reserved)
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

YellowRose

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »
Thanks!  I'm looking forward to it.

Farside

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 08:37:06 AM »
When we get a better idea how many are coming, I'll order the port-a-pottys.

YellowRose

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 03:35:36 PM »
More people might see it if someone updates the home page.  Right now the Next Event still shows the Christmas party. 

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 05:39:20 PM »
I have been working on the camper trying to get it ready for camping season.  I had 2 broken cargo door latch handles.  I found replacements at Lichtsinn RV in Forrest City Iowa.  I replaced them this afternoon and that problem is gone.  Now about a weeks worth of cleanup and I should be ready for Spring Campout.  I have finished planting my garden and have left over plants, tomatoes and sweet potatoes that I plan to bring along to see if I can find a home for.

Lilburner

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 01:23:40 PM »
More people might see it if someone updates the home page.  Right now the Next Event still shows the Christmas party.

I've mentioned this in another post, but I'm hampered by not having access to a viable PC computer, ie. a WYSIWYG html editor.  That should resolve "soonish" but that's been the status for a while. There are Android editors, apparently, but I can't make heads or tails of them.

Is there anyone who, if I sent them the snippet, could edit it?

Just a wild series of events on that one. I've got a brand new computer up here. A super nice one actually. I just haven't had time to get it going and set up. Literally no one I know up here owns a computer. You can't install software on Library computers. And my one in Gwinnett is unusable because I cut internet service, which I don't need to edit HTML, but every time I get my phone/hotspot near it, it thrashes along at 100% disk and CPU dealing with updates and email. I even have a laptop which I appear to have mispacked in all of the moving. Kind of the irony that in the last 3 months or so, that snippet in the header is literally the only thing I've needed it for.
~ Daniel Webster

ProGeek

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 03:47:16 PM »
All I have is Microsoft Word. It's not the best editor, but it may work.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

florida44

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »
(Reserved)

We will unfortunately not make it. We will be off with family celebrating The Chiefs 50th birthday somewhere where the drinks come with little umbrellas in them. Will be there in spirit.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Lilburner

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Well good news on getting the header fixed. I found my laptop. So once I let it simmer for about a day on updates and emails, it should be usable to fix the header, which generally takes about 3 minutes.
~ Daniel Webster

BennyMG1

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 09:31:04 AM »
Add two to the roster of attendees.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

nj_m715

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 12:32:58 PM »
I'm planning on making it, most likely alone.
thinking about trying to get down whenever the early crowd starts showing up

upacreek

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »
I hope to be coming. Anything special on the agenda? My son and grand dog might make an appearance, but I kind of doubt that.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Starlady

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 09:00:27 PM »
It's a long ride but I'm going to try to come for Saturday.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Gunner

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 03:02:00 AM »
I'm a little bit late on getting in on this one... Wow I can sure use a day or two off of work.  I hope that I can come down... This time, I may have to car camp and come in after work to be down there with everyone.  Looking forward to seeing what happens next!!
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal