Author Topic: AR Uppers getting serialized??  (Read 2666 times)

nj_m715

AR Uppers getting serialized??
« on: March 27, 2021, 08:17:20 PM »

if an AR lower is not a firearm, than a glock frame isn't either?

plus the potato just announced executive action on gun control coming soon.

here's some cheap uppers just in case
https://www.opticsplanet.com/advanced-technology-international-ati-ati-omni-hybrid-ar15-stripped-polymer-uppe.html

ProGeek

Re: AR Uppers getting serialized??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 02:27:28 PM »
Yeah, I've tried to avoid getting anything that the gov wants to ban, specifically AR style rifles. I've seen this coming for a very long time.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »
Yeah, I've tried to avoid getting anything that the gov wants to ban, specifically AR style rifles. I've seen this coming for a very long time.

Then they’ve already won😳🤦‍♂️😳... 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

ProGeek

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:49:40 PM »
Then they’ve already won😳🤦‍♂️😳...

Your opinion. I personally like the harder hitting rounds of old WWII style rifles. Most only hold 10 rounds, don't have a pistol grip, detachable mag, etc. I can also claim I'm an antique collector.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »
so another leaked AFT doc is making the rounds
it looks like out overlords will still allow us to build and own homemade guns
it looks like they are going after the complete build/parts kits by claiming that placing a slide, barrel and trigger into a box with an 80% lower somehow converts the 80% lower into a firearm
those kits can still be sold but will require a serial number and ffl transfer

it also looks like they will be redefining the definition of "firearm" as it relates to lowers
I don't think they will be serializing ar uppers/glock slides or changing the definition to include uppers or glock slides
so I don't think anything will change with uppers/slides

of course this is just rumor, but we got the same info about the attempted brace ban back in dec and that info was accurate so we'll see when the AFT  releases the official copy in a couple weeks.

anyway, if you are thinking about getting a 80% lower do it now.

or get a 3D printer

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 07:10:33 AM »
NBC reporter Ken Dilanian was doing what he thought was award winning journalism yesterday when he broke an ‘exclusive’ story on how gun dealers are using the popular ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ meme to sell gun parts and ammo. He even called the Secret Service!

https://therightscoop.com/nbc-reporter-calls-secret-service-over-gun-dealers-using-lets-go-brandon-to-sell-gun-parts-and-ammo/

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 02:02:15 PM »
I must have missed the times when the press called in the Secret Service, F.B.I. etc., when there were the horrific pictures of President Trumps  decapitated head all over the internet.  Who was questioned?  arrested?  I must have been napping.
Ariel

Gunner

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 02:53:58 AM »
 The frame/functional part of a firearm is what is serial numbered.  AR lowers house the function of the firearm, just as the Glock lower.   They, (The ATF), claim that the top end of the rifle is the business end.....but the actual function function falls in the lower portion.  They are going to have a very difficult time in making everyone itemize all the uppers to all the weapons/firearms  out there.
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

Abigayle

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
Judged by 12 or carried by 6.  Good time to watch your discussions on this matter.
I traded my gun for a goat awhile back, soo I don't have to worry.  I have a great sling shot and some rocks....That's it....

nj_m715

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »
like the videos explains, their problem is legal definition of a frame vs the AFT's opinion that AR lowers are frames

"Firearm frame or receiver.  That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel. "
neither an upper or lower alone meet the definition
the lower has no bolt
the upper has no firing mechanism

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal