Author Topic: Ducks of geese and fish  (Read 3224 times)

YellowRose

Re: Ducks of geese and fish
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:24 PM »
I have two hazelnut trees that I planted five years ago, and they have barely hit 3' tall.  No signs of producing any time soon.  I can't speak to others experiences, but in my area, they do not grow fast.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Ducks of geese and fish
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2021, 05:59:59 AM »
I have two hazelnut trees that I planted five years ago, and they have barely hit 3' tall.  No signs of producing any time soon.  I can't speak to others experiences, but in my area, they do not grow fast.
The problem I have at my region 8 location is stone close to the surface.  Fruit trees I plant J-root and don't grow much and no fruit.  The tap root can not go down.  What I have luck with are things like azaleas and blue berries as the root grows horizontally near the surface.  I was hoping my region 2 property had more dirt over the stone and would be better suited for fruit trees.  I will admit though that I have not done any bore checking of the soil conditions, but that may come with building a new house.  OR I could talk to the local well driller.  They usually know about those things. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal