Author Topic: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation  (Read 9208 times)

aces

Re: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 02:04:19 PM »
Heard on WSB radio today that lack of workers are partly driving shortages like copper and lumber and other commodities.  So until the federal add on unemployment benefit to state payments, it will continue.  Until lately there has apparently been a loophole in having to certify you are looking for work.  Apparently that could close soon.

Florida's governor is likely to be the 1at to refuse the federal unemployment supplemental benefit to induce more folks to get back to work. 

Surveyor1

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »
Heard on WSB radio today that lack of workers are partly driving shortages like copper and lumber and other commodities.  So until the federal add on unemployment benefit to state payments, it will continue.  Until lately there has apparently been a loophole in having to certify you are looking for work.  Apparently that could close soon.

Florida's governor is likely to be the 1at to refuse the federal unemployment supplemental benefit to induce more folks to get back to work.

So far 2 states, Montana and SC have announced they are ending the Federal supplemental unemployment at the end of June. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »

So far 2 states, Montana and SC have announced they are ending the Federal supplemental unemployment at the end of June.
And Florida is considering doing the same.  Looks like it is time for each of us to reach out to our state representatives.

aces

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »
This morning's CPI was a whopper!

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

"The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.9 percent in April, its largest monthly increase since April 1982."

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2021, 08:03:36 PM »
The inflation chart posted earlier on this thread has been updated to include Apirl.

https://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp?reloaded=true

If that isn't straight up inflation, I don't know what is !!

nj_m715

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »
I bought this trailer in march:

Description    Rate    Qty    Line Total
8.5x20 Ft Enclosed Cargo Trailer
1    $5,120.00

now it's 6,550$

https://www.plainoltrailers.com/product/8-5x20-trailer/

Fixit

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 02:36:51 PM »
Have a friend who owns a trust plant . when that submit a bid its good for 72 hrs .  they need to lock in lumber prices for the job . if you think its bad to buy a few 2x4s think what its like when you get 3 to 5 trailer loads a week.

nj_m715

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2021, 09:06:35 AM »
bought this fence in march for 99$
actually 90$ with discount for opening an account

now it's 129$
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/red-brand-welded-wire-60-in-x-100-ft?cm_vc=-10005

30% price inflation in 2 months, seems normal and transitory - nothing to see here

Starlady

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2021, 09:58:57 AM »
Some chicken feeds up 35-40% since March.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
This morning's CPI was a whopper!

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

"The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.9 percent in April, its largest monthly increase since April 1982."

Hey Aces, May just said “hey April hold my beer!”  I love it when the media uses terms like “hotter than expected inflation print this morning.”  Where the heck have these people been for the past 8 months?  It’s going to get much worse.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

aces

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 09:44:44 AM »
Sad but true, Surveyor! 

Thanks for the follow up.

nj_m715

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »
well, my 5,100$ trailer is now selling for 7,650$   https://www.plainoltrailers.com/product/8-5x20-trailer/

and there is a 6 month, "maybe longer" wait

how high does it need to go before it becomes "inflation"?

btw, I'm still waiting for my door that was to be delivered 3 weeks ago
nothing to see here, just normal and transitory I'm sure.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:39 AM »
https://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp?reloaded=true

Just wait until the June numbers are updated.  This is the same chart as earlier link posting.

BREAKING: Biden/Obama Economy Sees Goods Prices Increase 6.5% Since Last Year – The Highest Increase since 1982

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/breaking-biden-obama-economy-sees-goods-prices-increase-6-5-since-last-year-highest-increase-since-1982/

Fixit

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 05:27:44 PM »
New load of feed at the feed store . they paid $1.75 to $2.00 a bag more wholesale on everything that came in so.......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal