Author Topic: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation  (Read 9179 times)

Surveyor1

Re: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 10:12:11 PM »
New load of feed at the feed store . they paid $1.75 to $2.00 a bag more wholesale on everything that came in so.......

Probably $.75 of that was extra freight, the rest material cost, labor cost and extra margin cost.

Going to get a lot worse sooner rather than later!  Freight cost have stayed crazy high with no end in sight!  Buckle up!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

BennyMG1

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2021, 05:12:57 AM »
I’ve made a few observation over the past month. First, the food in the cafeteria at work is more expensive over last month. My usual breakfast there (I get the same thing every time) was costing me $2.80. That exact same plate is now $3.20. Walmart and Commissary have been holding steady with canned vegetable cost, but I’ve noticed our local grocery (independent), the Food Depot up the road and Freshway have raised their canned vegetables from 5 to 10 cents per can. The selection of canned vegetables is very limited right now. There are two items that have been on my list for 6 weeks. I could get the brand name, but your talking 50 cents per can vs. $1.09 a can. I too have noticed the price of trailers going up. I had planned on replacing my 12’ trailer, but have decided to keep it after seeing prices. Overall, Walmart seems to holding steady with most items (although flushable wipes and vitamins have gone up a little bit). Smaller chains and independent stores can’t absorb wholesale increases so easily.

I’ve also noticed that mainstream news outlets are reporting increased inflation, but are downplaying it.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
My Walmart has not held back on price increases!   Milk is $3.29 a gallon, up .30 since 3 weeks ago.   All the dairy items, their brand of frozen veggies, ice cream, sugar, rice and beans all up.

What's killing me is the poultry feed!  My local TSC says Purina is backed up on everything, yet I can drive 50 miles to another TSC and get all I want - at the higher prices, but now I have to add gas to it.  I'm going to have to pare back the flock and get more serious about growing more of my own feed.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »
My Walmart has not held back on price increases!   Milk is $3.29 a gallon, up .30 since 3 weeks ago.   All the dairy items, their brand of frozen veggies, ice cream, sugar, rice and beans all up.

What's killing me is the poultry feed!  My local TSC says Purina is backed up on everything, yet I can drive 50 miles to another TSC and get all I want - at the higher prices, but now I have to add gas to it.  I'm going to have to pare back the flock and get more serious about growing more of my own feed.
What you need is a prepper to move into that 10 acre farm down the road and plant a field full of corn!

aces

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2021, 03:44:12 PM »
From another group's feed:

Food Business News:

The price of all wheat was forecast at $6.50 per bu in 2021-22 (beginning June 1, 2021), up 29% from $5.05 this year and up 42% from $4.58 last year.

Abigayle

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2021, 08:20:35 AM »
Car and truck rental up 88% from last year.  Gas up 46.4% Moving cost up 17% Furniture up 10.9%.  Used cars are up 45.2 (includes trucks). Laundry appliances 29%, airfares, 24.6%. Bacon 8.4%, whole milk 7.5%.  Now that I don't have chickens, eggs are about double in cost. With feed being sooo high, I can see why.  We are still planning on having a few chickens. I am considering aa few S[eckled Susses and Americanas.  These would be new breeds for us.
Lumber is coming off it's high, but this week when we were pricing out stones and boards to build a few raised beds, we felt everything was still pretty high.  Gone are the days of do it yourself and save a lot of bucks...
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2021, 06:09:20 PM »
I have noticed lately that electronic equipment is getting scarce on store shelves.  I want to build an off grid cabin, but here is the problem.  Solar supplies are becoming less and less available, so what to do?  The only thing I know to do is design now and purchase what I can and try to acquire a complete system.  In other words, have the complete solar system in hand before the contractor even starts.  That's crazy !  It is the times we are living in.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/supply-chains-brace-collapse-port-la-fears-repeat-shipping-nightmare-china-locks-down

nj_m715

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 09:42:03 PM »
bought this fence in march for 99$
actually 90$ with discount for opening an account

now it's 129$
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/red-brand-welded-wire-60-in-x-100-ft?cm_vc=-10005

30% price inflation in 2 months, seems normal and transitory - nothing to see here

149$ now, almost double what I paid in the spring
must be due to the fence shortage? cant be inflation from printing trillions

nj_m715

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2021, 10:27:59 AM »
Let's Go Brandon!

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/prices-climb-fastest-pace-1982-it-could-have-been-worse

still just a transitory right wing conspiracy to derail the brandon administration?

but hey, fuel is down 2 cents after climbing 1.50$ I can add it to the 12cents I saved on hotdogs in july

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2021, 10:55:33 AM »
My wife came home from the local grocery store and proclaimed "Cubed steak is $10.99 a pound".

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2022, 03:53:43 PM »
Breaking: March Inflation Rate Soars to 8.5% Under Joe Biden
The 8.5% CPI was greater than the expected 8.4%.   This is the highest inflation number since 1981.
Consumer prices are rising to their highest rates in 41 years.
The consumer price index surged 1.2% last month, the biggest monthly gain since September 2005, the Labor Department said on Tuesday. The CPI advanced 0.8% in February.

Gasoline prices on average soared to an all-time high of $4.33 per gallon in March, according to AAA. While gasoline was the main driver of inflation last month, food and services such as rental housing also made strong contributions.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/breaking-march-inflation-rate-soars-8-5-joe-biden/

Abigayle

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »
Soon bought a standing rib roast for Thor's birthday today.  At 6.99 lb (Publics) yesterday, it was the cheapest steak around.  We will just slice it thick and grill it.  Can't remember who pointed this out, but it is a nice treat for the four of us tonight.  We are so grateful that we can sit down to a nice steak dinner.  We feel a bit a guilt, with food shortages world wide.  When I was in grad school, I stopped it for happy hour with a girlfriend, as you could buy a drink and eat a lot of freebies at the food bar, set up for that occasion.  Then we went to class.  It is a wonder that we were successful.  So, moving right along.... Two couples came of carrying to go boxes and I could smell the meat...I just looked at my friend and said the word "meat".  Guess you had to be there, but we had not eaten a steak in a very long time.  During the inflationary period of the 80's, many went without meat.  I was very lucky to get a job  teaching in that area, since there were hiring freezes at the time.  Also parked my car some distance from the college and walked, just to save a few bucks.  One can prepare some, but runaway inflation still turns around and bites you one way or another.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2022, 11:19:14 PM »
Well my gas prices have certainly gone wayyyyy down!  Thanks Biden, that release from the Strategic Oil Reserves is really helping us Americans!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  You simply cannot make this up!  Like I said in an earlier post, this is by design.  I hope they fry in the midterms, not that the GOP is much better but at least they try to cover up the fact that they are trying to destroy America…

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/oil-bidens-emergency-spr-release-heading-europe
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal