Author Topic: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation  (Read 1681 times)

Surveyor1

• Bag Half Empty
Re: Get Ready For Runaway Inflation
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 10:12:11 PM »
New load of feed at the feed store . they paid $1.75 to $2.00 a bag more wholesale on everything that came in so.......

Probably $.75 of that was extra freight, the rest material cost, labor cost and extra margin cost.

Going to get a lot worse sooner rather than later!  Freight cost have stayed crazy high with no end in sight!  Buckle up!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

BennyMG1

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2021, 05:12:57 AM »
Iíve made a few observation over the past month. First, the food in the cafeteria at work is more expensive over last month. My usual breakfast there (I get the same thing every time) was costing me $2.80. That exact same plate is now $3.20. Walmart and Commissary have been holding steady with canned vegetable cost, but Iíve noticed our local grocery (independent), the Food Depot up the road and Freshway have raised their canned vegetables from 5 to 10 cents per can. The selection of canned vegetables is very limited right now. There are two items that have been on my list for 6 weeks. I could get the brand name, but your talking 50 cents per can vs. $1.09 a can. I too have noticed the price of trailers going up. I had planned on replacing my 12í trailer, but have decided to keep it after seeing prices. Overall, Walmart seems to holding steady with most items (although flushable wipes and vitamins have gone up a little bit). Smaller chains and independent stores canít absorb wholesale increases so easily.

Iíve also noticed that mainstream news outlets are reporting increased inflation, but are downplaying it.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

• Bugged Out
  • Region 1 Leader
    • http://www.georgiacarry.org/
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
My Walmart has not held back on price increases!   Milk is $3.29 a gallon, up .30 since 3 weeks ago.   All the dairy items, their brand of frozen veggies, ice cream, sugar, rice and beans all up.

What's killing me is the poultry feed!  My local TSC says Purina is backed up on everything, yet I can drive 50 miles to another TSC and get all I want - at the higher prices, but now I have to add gas to it.  I'm going to have to pare back the flock and get more serious about growing more of my own feed.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »
My Walmart has not held back on price increases!   Milk is $3.29 a gallon, up .30 since 3 weeks ago.   All the dairy items, their brand of frozen veggies, ice cream, sugar, rice and beans all up.

What's killing me is the poultry feed!  My local TSC says Purina is backed up on everything, yet I can drive 50 miles to another TSC and get all I want - at the higher prices, but now I have to add gas to it.  I'm going to have to pare back the flock and get more serious about growing more of my own feed.
What you need is a prepper to move into that 10 acre farm down the road and plant a field full of corn!