Author Topic: Even the mainstream left is reporting this  (Read 1261 times)

BennyMG1

Even the mainstream left is reporting this
« on: April 26, 2021, 05:59:21 AM »
I only watch one mainstream media newscast and that’s my local news that I watch for weather forecasts. We all know that inflation is on its way and will be hitting America hard. However, our local CBS station had a story on it this morning saying that we can expect substantial increases in grocery store items over the summer. They attributed the increase in cost to increases in transportation cost. So, IMHO, now is the time for new preppers to work hard on food preps and old preppers to top off supplies. I just found it interesting because I’ve heard nothing about this on any mainstream outlet even though it’s common knowledge in many circles.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Even the mainstream left is reporting this
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 06:17:10 AM »
I took a step in the direction of more future food supplies a few days ago.  I have 4 rows of corn doing well and knee high.  I took some of my 2017 Seed corn from the freezer and planted three rows so I can start the process of renewing my stored seeds.  The day after I planted, we had a good all day rain, so while I am at campout my corn should start coming up.  Also next year I should have an extra acre or 2 to grow food at my new BOL if land clearing goes well this Summer. 

Surveyor1

Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

aces

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 12:51:06 PM »
Heard last night that there is a shortage of fuel truck drivers since many left driving when demand for fuel dropped last year. 
Might be true, but also sounds like an excuse to take the focus off increased regulation driving energy prices up.
If fuel costs rise as expected, that impacts the price of almost everything. 

See the other recent thread on inflation where this was discussed further with more focus on government spending going up 
which naturally exacerbates the problem as history repeats itself.

crplhood

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »
Inflation is trending down since 1990 and the consumer price index is growing steadily in correlation with inflation. Do you have evidence this is happening? Otherwise, I'd say the economy is in a growth period and the US economy is quite stable through a few expensive wars, the housing market crash, political and civil upheaval, and the pandemic. To me, that means it's a great time to get value out of our money by eating the aging supplies while restocking.

Then again, I stock from my garden more than anything. Seed is cheap. Dirt is cheaper.

My method is using statista, a statistics analytics company impartial on the matter. References:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/244993/projected-consumer-price-index-in-the-united-states/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/244983/projected-inflation-rate-in-the-united-states/

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 05:41:53 PM »
TLWAGG:  I see where the manufactured crisis comes from.
http://conservativeangle.com/get-ready-next-manufactured-crisis-is-coming-for-your-groceries-ms-river-i-40-shut-down/

My 4 rows of corn are chest high and I now have five more rows coming up.  We picked English peas again today.  We have already put 10 packs in the freezer and it looks like ten more will follow tomorrow and we still have a couple pickings left.

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 07:00:57 AM »
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the CPI doesn’t include increases in food and energy cost.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

aces

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 11:08:18 AM »
Correct thanks to Bill Clinton removing those during his administration to make the numbers look better for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal