Author Topic: LED Lanterns Amazon  (Read 688 times)

Surveyor1

LED Lanterns Amazon
« on: January 22, 2022, 11:37:13 AM »
4 pack, uses 3 AA batteries, 350 lumins and good reviews.  Price says $22.99 but there is a place to check off for a $10.00 coupon.  Great deal delivered at $14.00!  We have some AAA LED lanterns that are awesome and these are supposed to be brighter?  We also wanted to diversify our battery type lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V1X849Q?psc=1&smid=A289XTTHP1FEOS&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: LED Lanterns Amazon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 02:26:23 PM »
Bought luminary's outdoor lantern, in identical casing, made in China, of course.  They were from Harbor Freight and included three batteries.  Two years ago, I paid $8.00 each.  Not sure I would want them any brighter, they are almost annoying, yet very useful.  Our granddaughter carries one down the drive to wait for the bus, as it is a way from the road.  I just ordered these and will compare.  Thanks!

coastiemike

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 09:16:42 PM »
4 pack, uses 3 AA batteries, 350 lumins and good reviews.  Price says $22.99 but there is a place to check off for a $10.00 coupon.  Great deal delivered at $14.00!  We have some AAA LED lanterns that are awesome and these are supposed to be brighter?  We also wanted to diversify our battery type lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V1X849Q?psc=1&smid=A289XTTHP1FEOS&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Thanks for the heads up!  Just purchased a four pack.

coastiemike

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »
Received these today.  For the price, it’s a good deal.  I’m sure if they get dropped from high enough, ran over, stomped on, whatever, they will break and no longer work.  They are fairly cheap construction but well worth the $3 and change each.

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 06:29:13 PM »
I got mine today as well.  They are made somewhat the same at the Harbor Freight that we have, but I must echo Coastiemike, as to quality.  Harbor freight, while the same size and basically same construction are a little more solid.  Side by side, when put in a dark room the Led Lantern from Amazon is brighter than the Harbor Freight, which is plenty bright!  Neither should be used on Valentines Day, night, for mood producing.  You also would not want to place either one of them where you would be looking right at it, when you looked up, from whatever has your attention at the time.  Harbor Freight has one less battery, so we will see how each holds up.  Don't think we can go wrong with them at that price..  Both are LED, by the way.

crplhood

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 03:11:05 PM »
I've bought 2 sets of these over the years. None lasted through normal camping and car use. Cool concept, but mostly a great way to sell a dollar of materials for five bucks. I feel like minor improvements would make them much better. As long as no batteries are left in, they store well. I just can't help using 'em, and they don't hold up to regular use too well. Less fragile than a hurricane lamp, but I wouldn't buy them again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal