Author Topic: probably good for fuel prices  (Read 1636 times)

nj_m715

probably good for fuel prices
« on: May 08, 2021, 02:45:39 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/cyberattack-forces-shutdown-largest-fuel-pipeline-united-states

The largest gasoline pipeline on the East Coast, and the US in general, was shut down on Friday after its operator struggled to contain a cyberattack which threatened its systems. The 5,500-mile Colonial Pipeline, which is the single largest refined-products pipeline in the United States, halted transit as the company was forced to take "certain systems offline to contain the threat, which has temporarily halted all pipeline operations,"

nj_m715

Re: probably good for fuel prices
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »

Lilburner

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »
As of about lunchtime, my self-contained driving range is 876 miles, with a little cheat.

I went to a place with truck pumps, because I figured lines for truck pumps wouldn't be so bad. There were no lines at the pumps, but they only had supreme, non-ethanol, and diesel.

Driving back from my rental house, I didn't see any gas pumps with any activity around them. There may be nothing left where I am.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
I just made it home from region 2 BOL.  I had 3 bars left out of 10 on the fuel gauge.  I also took 2 extra cans of diesel along for the trip.  I knew of the pipeline problem before I left home, but had a meeting scheduled with a prospective builder that I did not want to put off.  Meeting went well and he is now going to draw up the plans I outlined in 20 pages of documents I gave him.

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »
Pipeline is restarted as of 4pm, 3 days to full ops.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

nj_m715

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 10:47:34 AM »

Surveyor1

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »
round 2?

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/colonial-pipeline-shippers-say-comms-system-down

I'm sure it's just a glitch

5 million dollars sure doesn’t get you what it used to huh?
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal