Author Topic: Noxzema  (Read 876 times)

Lilburner

Noxzema
« on: May 11, 2021, 08:01:18 PM »
I was talking to a friend the other night, and was randomly reminded of a story that ended in me getting a sunburn so bad it made my scalp into a crust.

The neighborhood ladies nursed me back to health, which I thought was sweet. But one of them put Noxzema on me. And now I recall that was the best sunburn medication I've ever had in my life.

I got to studying on it, and apparently it has a lot of uses. But it was designed from the beginning to soothe sunburn.

Today was my first outing, and now I am prepping Noxzema. Anyone more familiar know if any of the other uses are of any interest to preppers?

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

aces

Re: Noxzema
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:52:10 AM »
Also good for make up removal, shaving cream, treating eczema and soothing itchy bug bites.  I have heard of someone using it on leather, but I never have.

8greenbeans

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 05:02:42 PM »
No, no more uses that I know of but I'm allergic to it. To Noxema and Colgate both. It's weird. Sorry I'm no help, just had a strange tidbit to share.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »
Back in the 60's I was a blonde haired, blue eyed lifeguard.  Even though I wore a hooded cover up on the stand, the sun would get me off the water.  We used Noxema a whole lot.  In later years, I heard that it was very bad for your skin.  You might want to research it a little and see what the latest take is on it.  I used it on the top of my legs, above my knees.  I guess my skin turned out o.k., considering I also water skied and road horses without a hat.  It did seem to kind of "burn in" and melt.  Maybe I was just cooking my flesh...ouch!!!
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal