Author Topic: Summer Event 2021  (Read 7433 times)

Ravenwood1950

Re: Summer Event 2021
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2021, 05:36:23 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but staying off it is the best cure.
Ravenwood

Farside

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2021, 09:21:25 AM »
Starlady, I'm sorry that you feel that way. The point of this network is to grow interest in prepping and to meet new people with new ideas. The same go for the facebook site. If we keep our events closed and never let new people in, what the point of the group.

Surveyor1

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »
I had the strangest an most vivid dream last night…

In my dream Lilburner was in a room surrounded by candles, wearing a black robe with a tall pointed black hat with stars, planets and moons on it.  He sat down at a small round table with a red velvet table cloth with a crystal ball in the middle.  He asked “ohhhh mighty crystal ball what will be the hottest day of 2021?”  The crystal ball responded in a booming voice “July the 31 2021 will feel the hottest day of the year with heat indexes at 110 degrees.”  Lilburner then stood methodically walked around the room and extinguished the candles, removed his black robe and hat and sat down at his computer and proceeded to type, “The date of the Summer Event 2021 will be July 31 2021.”  He then stood and walked to the window and gazed out while a sinister laugh was heard throughout his home, “Bahahahahaha”! 😳😳😳
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
And so it was done.... I am guessing that campfires are being kept to a minimum.  We took delivery on a potting shed and deck today.  We have been placing concrete blocks under the shed and and still have to move the deck right up to the shed and stain it.  The bright side is, we can come back indoors every half hour or so.  Negative was the truck that delivered it had to drive right down the middle of our green bean plants.  Two steps forward....one step back. 
Really jealous of those good discussions we know are going on right now.  Wish we were part of them!  Maybe the Christmas party will work out.
Ariel

Farside

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2021, 04:54:28 PM »
Great Lunch!! Low turn out, but I guess that's all on me.  You guys do known we rent an air conditioning event room for the lunch. I'm the only one that brave the heat to run the grill.

Searchboss

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2021, 11:55:53 AM »
We had another good “Summer Event” last Saturday. While the turnout was lower than desired or expected, the opportunity to socialize in person was fantastic. I realize that everyone is busy living their lives and that there are many reasons that the turnout was lower this year, such as the insufferable summer heat, the fact that some folks are getting ready for the kids to go back to school, traffic, and for many, the time/distance we all live from the meeting site. I also understand that some of the SEPN members have a greater desire for privacy and security. That of course is your choice. For my wife and me, the opportunity to see our friends face to face and have a pleasant conversation far outweighed these concerns at this time. We all stay in touch regularly through various electronic methods, bit it is not quite the same nor as much fun as being there in person. There are few enough opportunities for us to get together with our far-flung friends so we want to take advantage of any opportunity presented. For those present, I believe that we all had a great time even as we missed the folks that were not able to make it this time. As always, we had plenty of good conversation, food, and drink, and of course dessert thanks to everyone who brought dishes to share!

I would like to say thank you to Lilburner for promoting the event, and Farside for handling the logistics of getting us a great meeting place and for cooking the food. Great job guys! I hope to see everyone again at the next event.

Abigayle

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
We had hoped right up to the last few days to be able to attend.  With all the wet weather our tree clearing down to the lake and delivery of my used potting shed, was delayed.  Both were still taking place on Saturday.  Will try hard to make the next one.  We were thinking of you!
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 01:42:32 PM »
Glad to see that Searchboss and family got to attend!  I’m sure the fellowship was like therapy for their extended family!  God Bless!🙏❤️🙏
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal