Author Topic: Chicken Feed  (Read 4765 times)

Starlady

Re: Chicken Feed
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2023, 11:00:02 AM »
Correction to my post above:   I am informed that Purina only sold the livestock feed portion of their business to Land o' Lakes.

People are going crazy over this, a 1 off experience with changing feed and now it's poison!  LOL.   I have access to Tucker Milling since my local Faithway dealer went OOB but I use TSC in a pinch because they are very close by and will continue to do so until I see a lable change for the worse.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2023, 10:10:06 AM »
I have to say I was skeptical about there being a feed problem.  Since then I’ve seen a number of stories on the news regarding Purina, which manufacturers a number of brands, and there may be something to this story.  I started asking questions to my friends that switched over from TS to the local Mennonite farmer who grows all the ingredients on his farm:

1 - neighbor said before he switched his chickens were barely laying.  Once he switched they have been laying better than before.

2 - I got another friend to switch over 6 months ago and he can’t remember how his were laying before.  But his neighbor has a lot of chickens and school aged kids so they eat a lot of eggs.  They called my friend to see if they had any extra eggs as they weren’t getting hardly anything from their birds.  He started supplying them with the Mennonite feed and the guys wife called them a couple weeks later asking if they knew a place they could sell eggs because they were getting a lot!

Just two examples and a few news stories but I quit believing in coincidences a long time ago…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Starlady

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2023, 03:00:23 PM »
My birds have been on the same feed for 6 years.   They have started and stopped 3 times this winter as very cold spells came and went, sometimes getting back up to full speed, sometimes not.  I'm not seeing that anyone is tracking the weather along with their feed changes.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 11:00:15 PM »
Chicken farmer feeding his birds this feed, no eggs.  Switched to a locally sourced feed, laid better than the ever laid before…. He said the same thing you said, the cold weather and shorter nights!  Only one problem, he is located in south Florida…. Like I said I was skeptical at first but as I talk to people first hand, where there’s smoke there’s generally fire.  To clarify, my neighbor who is literally 400 yards away, his chickens were not laying in May and once he switched over they have laid constantly since then and that includes October, November, December (was really cold) and January…. Too many stories coming out at once for this to be an outlier, like I said, I quit believing in coincidences a long time ago!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Fixit

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2023, 04:55:22 PM »
Saw the Tucker Milling mentioned . They have good feed . Here is a tip . There 6way scratch is non gmo and  whole grain. It sprouts wonderfully in about 3 days .Soak over night then rinse morning and evening . A very nice treat this time of the year.

Abigayle

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2023, 05:12:22 PM »
Hung around the feed store in town today.  Tractor Supply started asking Purina to make all their food as cheaply as possible. So they switched supplies.  I have been working with this store for about a year and a half.  They are a good family.  He admits that they are competitors,  He was told this by an employee and they are having trouble with their grain.  One issue is extended molt, which of course, cuts off egg production.  Of course, the weather has had severe swings, and newbies may not add light and expect eggs.  We don't know what else they are feeding...lots of scratch?  Treats o bread?  Who knows.  Just a little more information, just take it for what is is worth.  Not all my birds are laying right now, but since I have enough eggs, they can take a vacation.
Ariel

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2023, 10:33:31 PM »
Where do you find locally produced chicken feed?
Ravenwood

Starlady

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2023, 10:42:25 AM »
Start by googling feed mills near your town.   Not everyone is close to a mill but many have dealers, so check their websites.
Faithway, Resaca, Tucker are a few in north AL and GA.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
Thanks Starlady, I found two not too far from me. I hope they have good stuff there.
Ravenwood

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2023, 03:47:03 PM »
Put on your tinfoil hat to read about another angle on chicken eggs!
Egg shortage and inflation strangely timed with revelation that yolks naturally mitigate covid “vaccine” spike proteins
(Natural News) Prior to the sudden shortage of eggs and associated price inflation we are now seeing spread across the country, which they are blaming on “avian flu,” two studies were published to suggest that egg yolks are a cure for covid.
The first study, published in January 2021, is titled: “Chicken Egg Yolk Antibodies (IgYs) block the binding of multiple SARS-CoV-2 spike protein variants to human ACE2.” Part of its abstract reads as follows:

“Our results show that the anti-Spike-S1 IgYs showed significant neutralizing potency against SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirus, various spike protein mutants, and even SARS-CoV in vitro. It might be a feasible tool for the prevention and control of ongoing COVID-19.”
The second study, published in November 2022, is called: “Immunoglobulin yolk targeting spike 1, receptor binding domain of spike glycoprotein and nucleocapsid of SARS-CoV-2 blocking RBD-ACE2 binding interaction.” Part of its abstract reads as follows:
“Coronavirus disease (COVID)-19 caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection has become a global pandemic disease that has social and economic chaos. An alternative mitigation strategy may involve the use of specific immunoglobulin (Ig)-Y derived from chicken eggs.”“Our results demonstrated that S1,RBD,N-IgY was able to inhibit RBD-ACE2 binding interaction in vitro, suggesting its potential use in blocking virus entry. Our study also demonstrated proof-of-concept that laying hens were able to produce this specific IgY, which could block the viral binding and large production of this specific IgY is feasible.”
Both studies, published two years apart by different authors, make the same conclusion: that ordinary egg yolks contain nutrients that function as neutralizing agents for covid spike proteins. And right on cue, eggs are now disappearing from store shelves while what little supply remains becomes unaffordable for the average person.
It is no coincidence that once the cat was let out of the bag about the anti-covid benefits of eggs, laying hens suddenly had to be purged because of “bird flu,” leaving behind empty shelves and high prices at the grocery store.

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/egg-shortage-and-inflation-strangely-timed-with-revelation-that-yolks-naturally-mitigate-covid-vaccine-spike-proteins/

Starlady

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2023, 05:11:16 AM »
I read a similar article last week, looked up some studies.   Then checked out duck eggs - they actually have MORE IgYs.

Maybe that's why I haven't gotten it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal