Author Topic: Female Prepper Question Answered…  (Read 11630 times)

Surveyor1

Re: Female Prepper Question Answered…
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 11:43:40 AM »
A wise man attacks the problem. A narcissist attacks the questioner.

Thank you for clarification on what you are.

Not really sure where that came from but I guess you are free to have your opinion.  Other than one snide remark that I have since apologized for I simply cannot see how you were “attacked”?  You don’t like what my opinion or advice was and that’s fine, as I’ve already stated.  If you could possibly go back and read the previous posts objectively you actually might have a different opinion on who was attacking whom. 

I guess that we just need to agree to disagree and move on.  I’m actually glad when people respond to my post, whether they agree with my opinion or not.  It creates a dialogue that many people can read and create their own opinions of the subject matter so at least it gets people thinking. 

I consider this thread a success based on the number of times that it has been read, it gave a lot of people something to ponder.  Thank you Elandil for responding!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 03:20:55 PM »
I would say, save a bullet.  I trust my savior would understand if I were ever forced to make that decision.  I would probably  be used to work in the garden, ha!
Seriously, years ago, I had a home invasion.  According to our security company, two men came into our home and were headed toward my bedroom. I rolled out of bed, crawled into my closet, and had a good aim at the bedroom door.  I watched the door nob turn.  This was real. We were in the country, no one was coming to help me any time soon.  Since I was armed, and it was peacetime, I was able to clear them out quickly.  I never saw their faces.  This experience will stay with me for life.  I was not injured.  What happens to us physiologically if this event goes to the next level?  Some on here know the answer to that.  The choice is ours.  The consequences of our decisions, again.....ours.  Survivor 1 brought up  a very emotional topic.  I didn't feel offended by it as others here did.  Maybe it is the age difference.  I didn't feel like he was trying to make decisions for anyone.  Praying that we never have to live through this scenario.  Whatever call we make does not make us more or less brave than the next person.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2021, 09:52:55 AM »
Thank you for responding Abigayle and sharing your experiences.  I knew when I posted that people would have different views and the post was intended to provoke thought and conversation.  As you have personally experienced it, evil abounds in this world.  Thinking about situations and coming to some conclusions of how to handle them can be very beneficial than just having to make a decision in “the heat of the battle.” 

We prep to survive in a SHTF world by putting away food, learning new skills and making sure we can defend our friends and families.  If the world goes sideways and you make it, there will be many times that you will have to make some very tough and frankly uncomfortable decisions.  Now is the time to think outside the box and contemplate what your decisions will be in those most unfortunate of situations. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 04:37:50 PM »
I was given a lot of grief by some when I posted originally.  Today I read a heartbreaking story about a man who lost his 8 year old daughter that was murdered by Hamas in Israel.  I’m not going to paraphrase what he said and felt but it truly puts into perspective what I was conveying in my original post so I’ve attached the link to the story.  Yes some things are worse than death and this story, as told by a father, truly places that statement into perspective…

https://www.theblaze.com/news/irishman-says-he-was-grateful-to-learn-his-daughter-had-been-killed-by-hamas-rather-than-taken-hostage

Starlady

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2023, 02:06:43 PM »
There's a huge difference between a child who has absolutely no chance of ever fighting back and a WOMAN, who might.

I ask this of all of you who advocate this view:   would you give the same advice to your sons facing the same situation?  Would you put a bullet in your own head if YOU were?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2023, 03:56:19 PM »
There's a huge difference between a child who has absolutely no chance of ever fighting back and a WOMAN, who might.

I ask this of all of you who advocate this view:   would you give the same advice to your sons facing the same situation?  Would you put a bullet in your own head if YOU were?

Simple answer for me and my son (we’ve discussed that scenario).  No I would not put a bullet in my own head but they would not be taking me alive.  I would use that last bullet on them and fight whoever was left with my knife but under no circumstance would I allow them to take me alive.  If you feel like you can fight back against a gang of degenerates when there is no rule of law, then by all means that is your right and a very brave decision on your part! 

I’m just grateful that all of the women in my family know that under no circumstance do you allow someone to take them and will not comply!  Everyone of them agreed that there is no way they would ever want to be brutalized for perpetuity.  They understand the concept of no rule of law and that there is evil abound everywhere.  They understand that even if they are somehow able to escape that the atrocities that were done to them over a period of time will never heal and haunt them forever.  They all agree that they would rather die than have to live through those horrors at the hands of a group with no morals, compassion and evil. 

If any woman feels that they can live through something like that and can be ok, it is their choice and only their choice.  Yes there are truly things that are worse than death in this world…

*Forgot to add:  how many of the Israeli women and young girls that were brutally raped by Hamas and then paraded through Gaza with their pelvic areas covered in blood would have chosen death instead, if they were given a choice???
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 04:37:11 PM by Surveyor1 »

Starlady

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2023, 09:49:54 PM »
LOL, of COURSE you wouldn't put a bullet in your own head.

But if you use your last bullet on THEM, do you think your body parts would hurt any less than my body parts?  I'm thinking of the Libyan ambassador a few years ago.   No, dude, if you don't have the guts to follow your own advice, you have no business saying what others should do.

If you do, then I could respect your opinion.

As to this:  "how many of the Israeli women and young girls that were brutally raped by Hamas and then paraded through Gaza with their pelvic areas covered in blood would have chosen death instead, if they were given a choice???"

1) 'brutally' raped is an insult - is there a 'gentle' rape?
2) to answer your question, I doubt very many.   Can't imagine after 70 years that there isn't a Jewish woman in Israel who doesn't know of that possibility and yet, none of them killed themselves - including SOLDIERS who definitely had access to weapons.
3) Did the young woman on the motorcycle (from the music festival slaughter) yell 'don't rape me!"?   No, she yelled 'please don't kill me'.  Think about that.
4) How many African slave women who were 'brutally' raped by their 'owners' killed themselves?   Very few, because they wanted a chance to live, to maybe escape, to maybe murder the bastard in his sleep, etc.

I feel sorry that you've convinced your women they aren't strong enough as people to know that rape/beating/slavery, etc., would be something that they could probably recover from. WTH?  Women have been dealing with that shit for, well, as long as there have been men and women. Pardon my French.

My only point is that a MAN has no business telling a WOMAN that HE thinks HER death is preferable to rape/slavery/whatever (along with that chance to maybe get her own back someday), or that there are things worse than death.   And that's what you did here, maybe not intentionally but it is what it is.      You can imagine all you want about how horrible it would be, but you haven't lived with it as a possibility for thousands of years and you totally discount the human will to live and triumph over severe adversity.  And that is insulting and anachronistic.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2023, 10:33:10 AM »
Starlady, I have no problem with most of your comment.  The only area that you seem very confused about is that I am “telling” people what to do and you my friend are very wrong with that assumption.  If you care to read all of my post on this subject you may realize that I have simply provided an option that people may not have thought about regarding a horrendous situation.  It’s up to the individual to make their own choice and that has been conveyed.  I also think that we may have a difference of opinion on “no rule of law” and the sheer brutality that a group of evil degenerates could inflict on a woman (or a man).  Like I’ve said before we just need to agree to disagree.  Everyone can make their own choices in a SHTF world as it should be.  I like to make people think and explore all options BEFORE they happen. 

Btw - maybe I wasn’t clear enough when I said they would not take me alive???  If I can take a few more of these evil people to the gates of hell before they kill me OR I KILL MYSELF, that is my choice because they will not be taking me with them alive.  Yes I stand by my statement “Some things are worse than death!”

Surveyor1

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2023, 11:59:27 AM »
I had to look up anachronistic so I could understand what you were referring to.  Thanks I learned something today!  Speaking of anachronistic that brings up a very interesting thought process.  When this subject was posted it wasn’t referencing todays world, it was referencing a SHTF world.  Those are 2 completely different era’s in time.  One can look up stories of people in todays world that have survived being kidnapped and raped.  In my opinion, in a SHTF world if a group of evil men kill everyone in your group and take you for their “toy” your chance for survival will be zero.  I can agree that any rape is brutal but brutality has many different levels.  I think 10 degenerates raping a woman repeatedly over a period of time is about as bad as it can get.  I think the broom handle they use for penetration just for their own sick morbid jollies is about as bad as it can get.  Btw, yes we are talking about a SHTF world so how much of their precious food are they going to be sharing with their new “toy”?  That in itself will give their new “toy” a maximum of 3 weeks before starving to death but I don’t think it will take that long. 

We are preppers so we have to prepare for all scenarios and be willing to make difficult choices that will bend our humanity in order to survive.  Sticking one’s head in the sand and thinking that things will not be as bad as outlined above is at best wishful thinking.  Look at the evil in this world today and that evil is kept somewhat in check because of the rule of law.  Once there are no more restraints on the evil people anything and everything is possible.  How long will it be before these types start killing people to eat?  Cannibalism has been around a long time and sick people will do sick things and in a SHTF world there will be more of it.  To prepare for what is coming involves much more than simply homesteading, it will not be Little House On The Prairie.  Hard decisions will have to be made and if one truly wants to survive in a SHTF world now is the time to realize that for what is truly coming. 

Starlady

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2023, 07:01:05 PM »
"A distraught father says he was ‘relieved’ to hear that his missing eight-year-old daughter had been killed by Hamas, because being kidnapped by the group was a fate ‘worse than death’."   

That man was Thomas Hand.   He found out 2 weeks ago that she was alive and a hostage.  He changed his tune pretty quickly.   Emily had her 9th birthday during her captivity.   TODAY SHE CAME HOME!

I pray to God she never knows what her father said.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal