Author Topic: Olympics, Who Cares  (Read 1557 times)

Surveyor1

Olympics, Who Cares
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »
I can remember as a child watching every single minute of the Olympics.  The athletes were so proud of their country and truly humbled to be representing the USA!  I remember seeing athletes cry from joy while wrapping themselves in “Old Glory”!  I remember the complete and total joy and Patriotism of watching “The Miracle on Ice” in 1980!

I hate to paint all athletes representing the USA with the broad brush but there are simply too many of them that don’t appreciate what America has done for them😡.  Many have turned into political activist and Social Justice Warriors to the point of turning away God fearing, red blooded, Patriotic Americans!  Many of the athletes have spoken so poorly of America on the world stage that too many Americans, such as myself, now consider them and the Olympics irrelevant just like the NFL, NBA and NASCAR.  Truly sad that it has come to this but I have to wonder, will they even miss America when she’s gone…

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-has-33-year-low-viewership-for-tokyo-olympic-opening-ceremony
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

YellowRose

Re: Olympics, Who Cares
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 04:36:43 PM »
I also used to watch them as a kid.  I've never been much for watching sports, but the Olympics were different.  I'm not watching them this year, but I haven't watched them in about a decade, so I'm not sure how much that says one way or the other.  I wouldn't be interested in watching woke athletes criticizing the country that gave them the opportunity to go to the Olympics, that's for sure.

Starlady

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »
You may have heard of the knitting website Ravelry.   About 10 years ago they sent a Cease & Desist Letter to the owners regarding a 'Ravelympics' knit-a-long that was gearing up.   The idea was to post your project and make it while watching the Olympics.   LOL, they lost a sh*t ton of viewers that year! Stories abound on how heavy handed they had been:   a wine company on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State was actually forbidden from advertising during the Olympics!    I had not missed one till they went after the knitters and I haven't seen ONE, not even trials, since.

And not to change the subject but that's the same Ravelry that 3 years ago (? - maybe only 2) called anyone who supported ANY part of the then president's administration racists and banned all manner of patterns with his name or any conservative ideology, including chat groups that leaned conservative, while allowing F*** the Police, etc patterns to proliferate.  Needless to say, conservative members left in droves - and guess who was spending the most money there?  Yep, designers and sellers are going out of business because as crafters are saying:   Get 'woke', go 'broke'.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

upacreek

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 07:50:16 PM »
I asked my kids what they thought of the Olympic wokeness a week or so ago. I don’t give my opinion until after they give theirs. My kid changed my mind a bit - which doesn’t usually happen. I still think they suck and are ungrateful losers, but I don’t mind them competing as much. As kid #1 said, “Who cares if they’re protesting and acting stupid?  In 20 years all people will remember is that the US won x number of medals that year. No one usually remembers the individual athletes names past a couple Olympics.” Interesting perspective. BTW, he doesn’t like the woke bs going on.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:11:19 PM »
 “Who cares if they’re protesting and acting stupid?"

people who put their butt on the line for their country care

Surveyor1

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 10:50:34 PM »
“Who cares if they’re protesting and acting stupid?"

people who put their butt on the line for their country care

Amen Brother!!! 

My Love of country is tremendous, I cry every single time I hear The Star Spangled Banner, I pray for our military every single night and I truly long for the days when MOST Americans were Patriotic!  I cannot believe that we, as a nation, have fallen so quickly! 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

upacreek

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 12:26:13 AM »
His intention was not to say it doesn’t matter. I didn’t make that clear (and muddled his sentiment pretty badly). He meant that their stupid protest won’t be remembered in just a couple years, but the medal they won will always count as something that supports the country. Only their contribution would be remembered and that would be a slap in their face when they realize that their medal is our country’s medal and the rest isn’t even a footnote.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 04:47:51 PM »
Some did not watch due to the lateness of the hour for many of the competitions.  There is so much lost with only 1000 people in the audience, and families unable to support their athletes.
One of the women competing heard from more than a few people that they will never watch again, after the soccer team turned their backs on their flag, their country.  I forget who turned his back on a WW II vet, but that guy is a chuck of dung...
It's lucky for them that they have protections since there are many people among that thousand that would knock their worthless butts off that stage.
I wish we could split the country and those of us who believe in self-sufficiency, our soldiers and what the wars  represent that gave us all these freedoms.
If I have to die a violent death, I pray it takes place while taking out someone burning our flag. "And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today".
Nope, won't give Hollywood or the olympics the satisfaction of watching, but feeling bad for the handful of worthy people in those groups that have to share the low numbers because of idiots.  Adding this to the N.F.L., wondering why I was missing TV.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 09:28:48 PM »
Amen Abigayle!  I will always have your back and any other True Americans that choose to stand with you!❤️🇺🇸❤️

Surveyor1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
Thank You Canada!  Signed, All Patriotic True Americans!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-womens-soccer-team-smoked-canada-rapinoe-mocked

O Canada our home and native land
True Patriot Love in all our sons command
With glowing hearts we see the rise
The true north strong and free
And stand on guard, O Canada………

Hahahahaha!  They didn’t represent the USA, they represented themselves!  In Rapinoe they trust! Karma, I think I Love You!!!

tlwagg

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 02:48:12 PM »
I haven't missed an Olympic game since I first started watching at the age of 5. Not this year!
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Surveyor1

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 04:54:09 PM »
I haven't missed an Olympic game since I first started watching at the age of 5. Not this year!

First time ever that I have not watched 1 single second…🤦‍♂️😢

Surveyor1

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 11:35:14 AM »
Even though I refuse to watch the “Wokelympics” This girl truly emblazons what it is to be an Olympic Champion!  She an elite athlete thaT Lovesher family, her Country and God!!! 

While we see the purple haired freaks and many other wokelethes that hate our country basically representing themselves,this girl brought tears to my eyes and gives me just a little bit of hope! 

Great job Tamyra, congratulations on your Gold Medal and last but certainly not least Thank You For being a Great American!!!  I am so proud of you and I’m sure many others are as well!

(The videos are awesome😎!)

https://www.theblaze.com/news/us-gold-medal-winner-s-unguarded-faith-filled-tears-of-joy-and-patriotic-verve-might-be-best-moment-of-tokyo-olympics

Surveyor1

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »
Another great article about an Olympic athlete that actually deserves the accolades!

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/couch-sprinter-allyson-felix-might-be-our-last-authentic-olympic-superstar-and-hero

BennyMG1

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 12:42:57 PM »
Wait a minute!!! Olympics???
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal