Author Topic: Johnny Nardello Peppers  (Read 2557 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Johnny Nardello Peppers
« on: July 27, 2021, 11:34:30 AM »
Abigayle,  I have cut open and am drying seed from 3 Johnny Nardello peppers that came from the seed you gave me last year.  Do you want some of the seed?  If Yes can I bring them to the Summer Get to gather?  Bring them to the Fall Campout?  OR,  Bring small plants to the Spring campout??

Abigayle

Re: Johnny Nardello Peppers
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 08:31:54 PM »
R.W.S., I missed seeing this post until just now, sorry.  I saved some seed from last year, so they should be good to plant next spring.  For dinner this evening, we had some of our canned corn, to which I had added pieces of the Jimmy Nardello peppers.  The color was pretty and a touch of pepper taste to some of the quarts of corn, was really good. These peppers will always be at the top of my planting list, since they are so long seasoned and prolific. I saved Granny Cantrell tomato seed also.  Right now, we are growing in our big pots and got a really late start with the move.  Sorry we missed the campout, but we had too much on our plate that weekend.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Johnny Nardello Peppers
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 09:23:28 PM »
Abigayle,  While camping in NC this week a friend smoked three trays of fooledya peppers with cream cheese & crasins wrapped in bacon.  The peppers looked just like jalapeno peppers but they were sweet.  fooledya

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal