Author Topic: Hog Butchering Class  (Read 3666 times)

Surveyor1

Hog Butchering Class
« on: August 01, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
I have friends that have attended in the past and said it was awesome!  They did not have one this year but it would be worth checking with them to see if they plan on having one in the winter of 2022.  Hey Mr MG1 if I’m not mistaken this may be within a reasonable drive from you?  If they are not planning a public one this winter they may could be convinced to have a “hands on” event for a small private group of like minded individuals?  This is definitely a skill worth learning, especially with all of the wild hogs in Georgia???

http://www.oldsouthfarm.com/
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

bountyhunter

Re: Hog Butchering Class
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
That is in Woodland Georgia about 6 miles south of where I hang my hat on 41S
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »
That is in Woodland Georgia about 6 miles south of where I hang my hat on 41S

Very nice country over there and even nicer people!  Someone did tell me to watch out for some mean ole SOB over there that tracks down bail jumpers!  They said he was a man not to be reckoned with!😳
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

bountyhunter

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 05:23:30 PM »
Really? Wonder who told you that!?
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 05:31:30 PM »
Really? Wonder who told you that!?

That was some Meriwether county friends warning me about Talbot locals😳😳😳!  Good people they are!😎

bountyhunter

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 07:14:09 PM »
Dont know who you talked to down here but I had a good recovery record. I have a hunting camp in Talbot County but live in Meriwether County.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

Surveyor1

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 09:16:18 PM »
Dont know who you talked to down here but I had a good recovery record. I have a hunting camp in Talbot County but live in Meriwether County.

Spent a lot of time in Woodbury and surrounding area.  Even though my first wife from there was totally nuts her family was golden!  My ex father in law Alva was as good of a man as I’ve ever known!  If you’ve been there awhile you probably knew him RIP…. Like I said, really good people!

bountyhunter

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 06:46:44 AM »
Been here all my life....might know the family if I knew the entire name......and I am in my 60s BTW
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

Surveyor1

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »
Been here all my life....might know the family if I knew the entire name......and I am in my 60s BTW

Message sent

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal