Author Topic: Ammunition  (Read 2123 times)

BennyMG1

Ammunition
« on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:37 PM »
   According to several older articles I’ve read, ammo stocks were supposed to return to semi-normal by summer 2021. Well here we are and, although you can find much of the ammo we use, the quantities we are allowed to buy in the store, make our trips to the range short and unproductive. I recently went to zero in a red dot that I installed on a rifle. It took me about 25 rounds to get it where I wanted it. My local gun store will only sell you 40 rounds a pop. I felt like I couldn’t even really get any good practice in.
    So I started doing some research. What I found was the reasons we got into this shortage in the first place have not resolved as predicted. We may be headed into another lockdown, people are STILL purchasing their first guns in record numbers and production has yet to return to pre-Covid levels. Additionally, people who have ammo, continue to buy as much as they can when they find it. Prices reflect all of this. How many of you remember when a brick of .22 was $5.00 (that was one cent per round). The cheapest I’m finding it now is around twenty cents per round. It makes teaching my youngest to shoot not as much fun as it should be.
    I started looking at alternate ways to get ammo and have resorted to some online purchases. Now I know what you are thinking, but I’m kinda willing to take that risk right now. I searched as many online sources (that actually have ammo in stock) and found one in particular that has worked well for me personally. If you are okay with buying ammunition online, you may want to check out ammunitionstore.com. I’ve found their prices better than other online outlets. Shipping isn’t the fastest, I’ve gotten what I’ve ordered.

Has anyone had any particularly good luck with an online vendor?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Surveyor1

Re: Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 04:03:53 PM »
Haven’t ordered in a longggggg time but had great luck with TargetsportsUSA, Lucky Gunner and LG.  Also had good luck with Sportsman’s Guide.  I know I’m missing someone but also used the search engine Ammoseek.  Update Almost forgot had great luck with J&G Sales as well
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »
Sportsman guide is expensive compared to the others. LG didn’t have what I was looking for.

Fixit

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »
Don't forget the wiki
https://www.wikiarms.com

upacreek

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 11:10:38 PM »
February through late May I was religiously sitting in line at Academy Sports to feed my habit. I got a couple thousand rounds for friends when they didn’t have what I was looking for. I paid decent prices for it all.  The last time I paid for 22 was 6.5 cents - mid-June. It took waiting in line from 7-9 two to three times a week.

I went to the gun show off Jonesboro last Sunday and prices seemed to be coming down (still at least twice what Academy charges) Primers were still sky high.

Let me know what you’re looking for and I’ll keep my eyes open.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 08:42:31 AM »
Thanks upacreek. I’ve actually found exactly what I’ve been looking for. It’s an obscure round that is only chambered by one type of gun that I know of.

coastiemike

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 09:27:10 AM »
No experience with these guys but pricing seems good with free shipping.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/bulk-ammo-case-pricing/tula-7-62x39mm-122-gr-hp-case-1000-rounds/

Same with these guys:

https://www.ammoboard.com/rifle-ammo/7-62x39mm-ammo/tula-7-62x39mm-122-gr-hp-case-1000-rounds/

I gave up on buying ammo in stores.  I order almost exclusively through outdoor limited.  Never been disappointed.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 06:56:49 AM »
IRS Stockpiles More Than 5 Million Rounds of Ammunition
Republican lawmakers want to stop the agency from purchasing more
Apparently, the IRS needs a little firepower to help with those audits.

The IRS has stockpiled five million rounds of ammunition and spent $725,000 on bullets this year, according to Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz, who has introduced a bill to block future ammunition purchases by the agency.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/irs-stockpiles-more-than-5-million-rounds-of-ammunition_4636607.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=gp

This is why ammo is so hi in price and hard to get.  The government is buying it all up to keep it off the open market.!!

Surveyor1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 11:09:36 AM »
This is basically old news.  During the Obama years numerous government agencies “supposedly” purchased 10’s of millions of rounds of ammo.  The information was well documented back then with the types and quantities going to each agency.  My guess is that these munitions never reached the intended agency but are probably in a storage bunker somewhere to be used by their own private mercenaries when the timing is right.  If I remember correctly most of these agencies “supposedly” received at least 10x more than the FBI utilizes in training every year.  I’m sure if one was so inclined they could look up the Obama administrations ammo purchases…

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 11:22:11 AM »
This is basically old news.  During the Obama years numerous government agencies “supposedly” purchased 10’s of millions of rounds of ammo.  The information was well documented back then with the types and quantities going to each agency.  My guess is that these munitions never reached the intended agency but are probably in a storage bunker somewhere to be used by their own private mercenaries when the timing is right.  If I remember correctly most of these agencies “supposedly” received at least 10x more than the FBI utilizes in training every year.  I’m sure if one was so inclined they could look up the Obama administrations ammo purchases…
Well who do you think is running the country now??

Surveyor1

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 12:43:48 PM »

Well who do you think is running the country now??

The same people that’s been running the country for decades…. The Deep State…. You have to understand the fight is not left versus right or conservative verses liberal.  The true fight is going on within the Deep State, there are two coalition’s in the Deep State and each one is fighting for control of who will be in charge of rebuilding our country once they collapse it!  So basically there is absolutely nothing that neither you nor I or anyone else can do about it…. Just enjoy the show and pop up some popcorn as it’s fixing to get really interesting! Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok………

Abigayle

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 01:34:21 PM »
For stuff to put into those things you can build just as easy as legos and other like materials...like off the rack...Palmetto has a better than half price sales (8.99 for 20) on them today. 
I was looking up Palmetto bugs and just happened across it...
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal