Author Topic: This is what it’s come to  (Read 773 times)

BennyMG1

This is what it’s come to
« on: September 21, 2021, 12:48:49 PM »
I can truly say that it hurt when I heard the national archives has put a warning label on the US Constitution. But then again, the left is trying null everything that defines us as a free nation. However, now it’s gone too far.

On my off days from work, I sometimes like to enjoy a favorite tv show with lunch. You know, shows like Bonanza, The Rifleman (big favorite), Gunsmoke, Big Valley, The Virginian (sometimes) and any other “good” western that I can watch a full episode at lunch and then get back to home projects.

Today, as I sat down with a ham sandwich and a glass of Tang, they flashed a warning across the screen, “This program contains outdated cultural depictions, viewer discretion is advised”.

Then Gunsmoke started. What??? I’ll bet that gray shade movie didn’t have any cultural warnings.

I want to know WHO finds my beloved westerns offensive.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

nj_m715

Re: This is what it’s come to
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
westerns are depictions of white colonizers oppressing and stealing land from peaceful Indian... errr,
native ameri.... errr, indigenous bipoc people, yeah, thats the one I'm allowed to say today

Abigayle

Re: This is what it’s come to
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »
I think this is the lefts way of "protecting" our youth from anything real.  We should have seen this one coming, when they started giving everyone "Participation Trophy's" and not allowing top athletes or scholars to stand out.....won't want to hurt the feeling of kids that played video games instead of doing homework, or practicing with a bat and ball...
Our history may not be pretty, but either is our current situation.  It is what it is.  Pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps is what made America great and I pray it will once again.
So sleepyJoe went on and on (today) about protecting the world from terrorists as, God only knows who, waltzed across our boarder.  Maybe they should be worried about those of us who take the Constitution Of The United States, very seriously.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal