Author Topic: First Aid storage / Organization  (Read 886 times)

RevJammer

First Aid storage / Organization
« on: October 13, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »
I have been keeping my "first aid" stuff in a plastic tote... but it stays jumbled and unorganized.  Does anyone have a solution that works for you?

Here is what I'm interested in...

1. Holds enough stuff (everything from bandaids and otc meds to gauze and such)
2. Organized
3. Portable
4. Can slip under a bed or in a closet (out of the way) easily.
5. Reasonably priced!

Suggestion?

RJ

Surveyor1

Re: First Aid storage / Organization
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 12:23:48 PM »
I bought a couple of the plastic three drawer totes at Walmart that way I was able to organize everything and they have wheels on it so you can move it around easy to where you want it.  So far so good, medication’s in one drawer, bandages and Band-Aids and tape in another drawer, medical equipment in another drawer, etc. etc. etc.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: First Aid storage / Organization
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 02:15:00 PM »
Rev Jammer, I keep my first aid stuff in a large plastic container.  I leave out a little of this and that, for everyday emergencies, like, for kids, you would want a box of band aids, and whatever your family prefers for "ouchies". I leave the meds on a plastic stepped shelf, so I don't forget they are there.  For example, things you may need as decongestants this winter.  Anything that expired, if in a place where you can see it, even if it is under a sink, will help you to not run to the store and buy another one.  All of this goes in the same cupboard.  If you pack your bandages acccording to size and possible usage and pack them tightly you can go right to them.  I have one fourth of mine packed for gunshot wounds, another to stitch someone up, that way everything related to the same need stays together.  This is just something that works for me.  Pack it tightly, so things don't get scrambled when you need to use them.  Good Luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal