Author Topic: SEPN 2021 Christmas Party  (Read 5899 times)

ProGeek

Re: SEPN 2021 Christmas Party
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »
I will be there. My wife can't make it. So put me down for 1.
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 05:57:30 AM »
I think we will be there, planning for it anyway.   I can't get the wife to tell me what dish she plans to bring, YET.  I will add it when I get it.

12-8-21  Edit  We will bring a crock pot of green beans with a few small potatoes from the garden.  I'll tie a string on a small chunk of ham and drag it thru the pot a couple of times for flavoring.  Also plan to bring a peach/blueberry pie and a blueberry pie.  That's all folks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 03:45:42 PM by RWS »

tlwagg

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 11:40:31 AM »
It's looking highly unlikely we'll make to the party this year. I now have 2 family members in ICU and only 1 looks like they'll improve. Then early yesterday morning hubby's mother fell and may have broke her hip. This Christmas season is looking kind of grim. I spent yesterday at two different hospital ICU's and I'm headed to a third hospital today. Have fun ya'll.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Starlady

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 12:29:51 PM »
Adding your fam to my prayer list.   Don't forget to take good care of yourself, too!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 05:08:47 PM »
I will be bringing a yellow cake with cream cheese frosting and a vegetable. Is anyone bringing tea or shall I bring a gallon?
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2021, 05:25:41 PM »
I think I will bring the yellow squash, bacon and stuffing casserole that I made last year.  It seemed to go over well.  There may have to be a plan B, in the event that I can not find nice yellow squash.  The stuff I saw today was very sad...
By the way, Ingall's had a limit of 2 on any sour cream product.  There were three containers left, I bought two.  It had a good shelf life.  The sign said "supply chain issues".  There were many empty spaces on shelves, more than usual.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 11:12:38 PM »
I think I will bring the yellow squash, bacon and stuffing casserole that I made last year.  It seemed to go over well.  There may have to be a plan B, in the event that I can not find nice yellow squash.  The stuff I saw today was very sad...
By the way, Ingall's had a limit of 2 on any sour cream product.  There were three containers left, I bought two.  It had a good shelf life.  The sign said "supply chain issues".  There were many empty spaces on shelves, more than usual.

You left me wide open with the “I made last year” but I will channel my inner assholiness and just agree that it must be awesome because it has Bacon in it!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2021, 08:13:52 AM »
Well. it freezes well : ;). Seriously, people took plates home, and my casserole was included.  Of course I was standing there, saying "don't forget to take some casserole" To which people replied :Oh, yeah, we have a dog".
Survivor 1, you have just challenged me to make it even better this year....Now remember everyone, take some home with you.  I will even pick out the cat hair, from the five cats that lay around on my counter tops....
Seriously, I don't own a cat...

Surveyor1

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2021, 12:05:48 PM »
Well. it freezes well : ;). Seriously, people took plates home, and my casserole was included.  Of course I was standing there, saying "don't forget to take some casserole" To which people replied :Oh, yeah, we have a dog".
Survivor 1, you have just challenged me to make it even better this year....Now remember everyone, take some home with you.  I will even pick out the cat hair, from the five cats that lay around on my counter tops....
Seriously, I don't own a cat...

If everyone had your sense of humor the world would truly be a better place!😎🤔😎!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Lilburner

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »
Better late than never, hopefully!

Doesn't look like anyone beat me to the drinks, so I'll bring them as usual along with some fried chicken.

Turning up the little tree and decorations now.

One caveat. I just had another surgery like I had in the spring. That one was 73% successful, so they finished me up. I'm on weight restrictions, so I need to ask for help. I need someone to get the cooler out of the truck and I can't really do tables.

Looking forward to it!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Lilburner

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
I'm usually there at 11, but due to Publix changing to "no fried chicken first thing in the morning", I have to be at the local (to the site) store at 11, so I'll probably be closer to 11:30. Anyone should be able to get the room open if they arrive earlier.

I'll keep an eye out here if there are any questions.
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

coastiemike

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2021, 09:59:29 AM »
We should arrive around 12:30 or so.  Janet (my wife) was bored this morning so not only did she make the Mac and cheese, she also made homemade corn biscuits.

coastiemike

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »
Thank you for a great time all.  Great food, great company. And thanks so much for the white elephant gifts for the three of us.  We apologize that we didn’t bring any.  We didn’t know about the event but will make up our part next event.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »
We arrived home a minute or two ago safely.  Had to drive thru some rain but survived again.  We had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone that was there.  There were a lot missing, but understandably so with all the things going on in our lives.  The times are telling.....  Don't know when we will get together again, just one day at a time.   

Abigayle

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »
Coastiemike, Having you and your family join us this year, was a gift in itself.  Thanks for braving the weather and joining us this year.  Hopefully, next time, we will have a bigger turnout for you to meet in person.
Thanks to Lilburner for going the extra mile, once again.  We all had to make a mad dash for it, due to the unknown weather, so did not get to say the proper goodbyes.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal