Author Topic: What are you prepping for ?  (Read 4614 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: What are you prepping for ?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 04:27:13 PM »
RWS you are ahead of the game since you can supply your own power personally.  The fact that the federal government is pushing their green agenda on everyone is criminal!  Our National power grid is stressed to the max right now.  How many times this past year did you hear about rolling blackouts and power outages?  While I will admit that alternative sources of energy are important we simply cannot put the cart before the horse.  On very large scale projects solar and wind are simply not reliable enough, at this time.  You can plan for backup options f it’s just your house but if they are trying to run a whole city or state it is simply not feasible. 

Bottom line is the leftist green agenda is setting us up to fail miserably.  It’s all about money and ultimately control…. They are closing power plants and not replacing what they are taking offline with a reliable source.  They are also finding out that all these wind farms they built are not holding up very well and we all know that we need sun for solar and a lot of storage to run a home “normally”. The situation with our power grid is in dire states and they are only making it worse🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
This is exactly why we should build our own back yard power plant.  When the grid does go down it may be the last commercial power we see.   Solar today is easy as we now have batteries that are big enoug to be of some use.  Example:  At my house my battery bank is 400AH @48VDC.  That is 19,200 Watt hours or 20KWH.  That battery bank costs $8000 today and only lasts 7 years before having to be replaced.  Now my new system at the BOL is still being assembled.  The battery I have chosen a Discover 7Kwh Lithium battery is capable of being paralleled up to 31 times.  That is 217Kwh and the average house uses 40kwh a in a 24hr day.  That's 5 days of battery.  The problem is you can not afford it  $ wise.  My BOL design calls for 6 batteries (40Kwh) but so far I have zero because there is no money for batteries yet.  But if I do ever get it built, then EV charging will be possible with 3 strings of 10 solar panels.

nj_m715

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2023, 04:45:15 PM »
I have 4 of these
https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-lifepower4-lithium-battery-48v-100ah/

lucked out and snagged them during a free shipping promo

ProGeek

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 05:22:50 PM »
Solar panels won't work during the nuclear winter.  :o
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2023, 05:41:51 PM »
Not very well anyway.  Best to have a backup generator built into the system with plenty of fuel.   All bets are off with an EMP.   Most well designed systems have a generator that will automatically start on LO battery.  That;s when you bend over and kiss your xxx goodbye.

John Galt 1

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2023, 07:11:32 PM »
I have 4 of these

Those look like great batteries.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

John Galt 1

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2023, 07:14:08 PM »

Or when covered in snow.       We get enough snow most winters to shut odd the solar power for 1-3 days once a year.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2023, 07:42:38 PM »
I have 4 of these

Good deal.  4 should do you a good job.  7000 + cycles is very good. 

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2023, 07:32:20 AM »
Knock…Knock…

“Sir, I’m an agent with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. For your safety, we’re here to relocate you and your family. All firearms will have to be handed over and any food you may have stockpiled on your property will be allocated for redistribution.”

https://www.askaprepper.com/the-fema-death-camps-where-will-they-take-you/

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2023, 07:17:54 AM »
A sign of the times

When this starts happening in Atlanta, I would say it is time to start packing to relocate away from the area.

Shoplifting Threatens to Close Washington, DC Grocery Store Creating a Food Desert

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/shoplifting-threatens-close-washington-dc-grocery-store-creating/

Abigayle

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2023, 10:32:08 AM »
In the past several years, Walmarts, nation wide, have raised their food prices almost 20%. This is due to all the aspects of food production you are already aware of.  One major contributing factor, however, in the increase in theft.  This is not just happening in the areas where it is expected.
Walmart is now attempting to rid themselves of many items that fall into the category of discretionary spending; Walmart shoppers don't have as much of that left over from their paychecks at this time. 
At this time, there are more Americans that are over 400.00 behind in their utility bills, than back in the 70's.
It's almost too last for some of us to up and leave, if you have a sustainable situation at this time.  You can't build these over night...Ask me how I know..

BennyMG1

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »
I speculate that 95% or more of the thefts and shoplifting today is out of greed or just downright thuggery. Just wait until times REALLY get tough. We think it’s bad now? Just wait until hunger pangs hit 30% or more of the population. To heck with the 64” TV, it’ll be spam and canned vegetables they are walking out with.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Starlady

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »
Benny, by the time those who took the TVs realize they needed food intead, there won't BE any Spam left!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2023, 12:33:36 PM »
The year 2023 will go down in history as the point at which the globalists completed the assembly of a massive secret army inside the U.S. in preparation for the final takedown of America, transforming it into Amerika.

By my calculations, there are anywhere from 1.5 million to 5 million foreign soldiers already inside the U.S. awaiting orders. My math is based on the government’s own statistics for illegals entering the U.S. over the last three years and then I estimated how many were military-age males using very conservative numbers on the low end and moderately conservative numbers on the top end. The most conservative number, 1.5 million, assumes that no foreign agents of military age were already here prior to January 2021, which of course we know cannot be the case but I wanted to demonstrate just how conservative these numbers are.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/leo-hohmann-10-predictions-2024-get-ready-tough/

Abigayle

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2023, 02:03:23 PM »
R.W. Don't forget the. Cartels.... Border patrols are busy processing free-loaders.  Too bad we left all that good stuff in Afghanistan.
We know how the sides will divide in a war. Many of our allies are. fed up with us. and will just protect their own (recent example is our Pentagon being turned down when attempting organize cooperation  at. sea). Some have big problems of their own. So,who will sell us oil?  How fast can we re-produce the artillery we gave away, asking not, for accountability? I.M.H.O. we are just screwed all the way around.
Our military is great, but the leaders....not so much....numbers are down....so yes, pray and be ready to react. So much for remaining gray....
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2024, 12:30:29 PM »
Welcome to 2024
Riots and anarchy spread across Germany again on New Year’s Eve, making the major cities no-go areas for women, Jews, and gays. Indigenous Germans largely avoid downtown areas on New Year’s Eve now. 54 police officers were injured, and 390 people, mainly military-age migrants, were arrested in Berlin alone.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/germany-has-fallen-mobs-military-age-muslim-migrants/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal