Author Topic: Financial education including games for kids on FDIC website  (Read 396 times)

aces

Financial education including games for kids on FDIC website
« on: November 03, 2022, 03:44:18 PM »
As a mortgage banker, I keep seeing a lot of people broke at a "higher" level (due to lifestyle) and in my volunteering, a lot of people broke at all levels due to inflation, medical bills, divorce, etc.  I am seeing people in church and in my own family struggling with increased food costs and rent.  A couple of friends have been laid off in my industry which not fun approaching the holidays.

My bank where I work has been offering the FDIC financial courses to high school students as part of our community outreach.
In looking at the their website today, I see so many good resources including games, frequently asked questions, and worksheets.
My favorite worksheet to use is the budgeting worksheet to teach people where they can reduce expenses and brainstorming
how to bring in more income (mostly through side jobs, making things to sell, or for short-term cash shortages -  things like donating plasma,
garage sales, and 401k loans, but be sure to put the money back in 60 days so that you owe no early withdrawal penalty.)

https://playmoneysmart.fdic.gov/games

There is no better feeling than to have less/little debt and between $1000 minimum and up to 6 months income saved for emergencies. 
I hope more families can work toward that goal for their own peace in trying times.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal